volume

-

partsman1965

Reaction score
What is the volume of J-heads with cast# of 3418915 and 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust? trying to estimate my compression ratio. Running flat tops with two valve relief cuts and close to .012 below deck.

No way to tell without measuring what YOU actually have. They vary a lot.

No way to tell without measuring what YOU actually have. They vary a lot.

correct, and its a 44 year old head that's probally been machined before, has valve jobs done, ect. Measure is the only way to know for sure

I should have measured before assembling after going through the motor. It was a 25 year old build but with only 2200 miles on it. So I re-sealed complete motor and put in new cam/lifters/chain/pump. trying to estimate HP.

it is not a terribly outlandish guess but without actually CCing them that is all it is, a guess...but I was trying to get a point across, that's why I added that second line ;)

I agree with everyone that measuring is the only way to know. I've had them range from 64 to 75 cc's. Just changing the valves can have a big effect on the volume. Found that out when I swapped valves on a set of X heads. With the stock valves they measured 69.9 cc's. With nothing more than switching to a set of REV valves it dropped to 66.2 cc's

-
Back