vss input power?

-

BARNEY'S CAR

SGITP
Reaction score
Just getting back to this project after many issues here with illnesses in the family so I have forgotten a couple things and thought I would ask. I am putting a early 2000's t56 in a scamp and have found out the all in one Bowler harness will not work on the pre 2007 or so trans. I have a 3 wire vss and do not remember input voltage to it, thinking 5v but ??? need the sensor in order to wire the reverse lockout so I do not need to wire a switch. Any help would be great....Thanks,Bruce

A cigar lighter phone charger has 5.0v dc output. You can take one apart and use the circuit board. That's what I did on my Barracuda

Simple. I have at least four chargers laying around. I'm sure the OP does as well.
Thanks for replies, been so long ago that I asked I had forgotten. T56 is a early 6speed trans. This one is from a Viper and all the early t56 used three wire sensors to run speedometer and signal to the ecm other vehicle info. I want the signal to power the reverse lock out automatically . I do have easy means to drop voltage as they make very small 12/5 regulators that can be mounted anywhere three legged so very simple. Thanks for the help!

-
Back