VW Bug bezels on early Valiant?

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys ever tried this? Around 00:30 in the video the guy explains that the owner of the 64 replaced his stolen headlight bezels with VW ones. Actually looks passable.

When I think of the hours I spent tapping, sanding and buffing, don't look bad at all! before and after.
DSC_0706.JPG
DSC_0709.JPG

Won't argue with that! But in the absence of any bezels to work with, these bug models might be a good substitute.
I like the idea of using other parts. No secret that Mopar parts are hard to find, and when you do they're expensive. Most people won't be able to tell the difference anyways

That's Oscar. He's an awesome guy and that's a clever fix. If you want a perfect reproduction set though, there's a guy named Robert Morris in Australia that's making and selling them available right now for $299 shipping included to the US. I just bought a set and they're incredible. Built better than stock of thicker aluminum. PM me and I'll get you his email. Really easy to work with.
14702485_10210824220263698_1850717425885939506_n_zpsblax2kab.jpg

Last edited:
You guys ever tried this? Around 00:30 in the video the guy explains that the owner of the 64 replaced his stolen headlight bezels with VW ones. Actually looks passable.

Haha That's my car holy cow, yeah I was using VW bezels for the longest time about 3 years. Since I meet up with 64Valiantsteed. He's a swell guy. I'm glad we can all take bits of info from this site and I'm glad I'm now a member of this Giant MOPAR family.

image.jpeg

Haha That's my car holy cow, yeah I was using VW bezels for the longest time about 3 years. Since I meet up with 64Valiantsteed. He's a swell guy. I'm glad we can all take bits of info from this site and I'm glad I'm now a member of this Giant MOPAR family.

View attachment 1714982684
Thanks Oscar! Love your Valiant. Let's see more pics. Are the Bezels from a 68-7x VW Bug or ?

They go to a 67 to 78 I'll post a pic it's from eBay.
Surprisingly they still sell them they are aftermarket. They do rust if the upkeep isn't made on them. So polish regularly. Every 3 months is good. No biggie. They are great and just like Steed said. They give it some nice eyelids.. You kinda have to tighten the screw down so they can stay and they are not centered. From a distance you can't tell the difference.
Up close, you can totally see.

image.png

I like the look. A bit macho, like the headlamp eyelashes people put on 50's cars. Gives the car bedroom eyes like Betty Davis or George Clooney.

-
Back