W150 "Southbounder"

-
Nice.

They had quite a few packages like that.

IIRC, there is a website somewhere, that lists several that I was not aware of.

He says is does run. Looks like a good deal.
Plastic gas tank?
I could make time to eyeball it if anyone from further away is serious about wanting it.

He says is does run. Looks like a good deal.
Plastic gas tank?
I could make time to eyeball it if anyone from further away is serious about wanting it.

They all had plastic tanks along that year.

They all had plastic tanks along that year.

The "B" vans of the time had steel 22 gallon tanks. If you ordered the 36 gallon optional tank, it was a plastic tank. According a mechanic I knew at the time, the same was true for optional tanks on Dodge pick ups. While they were available direct from the factory, they were actually made by a third party.

They were also available as a dealer installed option, but when the dealer installed them, the gas gauge would show as being full until the first 15 ,or so, gallons were burned off of the 36 gallon tanks.

Of the two 70's "B" vans that I owned, one had a 36 gallon tank, and the inaccurate gas gauge took a little getting used to. lol

Who was talkin bout vans?

Let me rephrase then. All the mid 70 Dodge trucks that "I" have seen and OWNED have had plastic tanks.

My buddy PanGasket has a 74 D100. Plastic tank. This 83 D150 I made my rat truck out of had a plastic tank. I have a friend in Milledgeville who owns a transmission shop and has several of these trucks. All plastic tanks. As usual, if you say "never" or "all" with Chrysler stuff, it might be a mistake. lol

Sweet truck. A few years back,did bodywork(a customer) on a 4x4 Club Cab Dodge,heated 440/727. Miss that truck.

Just found this thread. The Dodge P.U. tank design was a very good one because the tank was located between the frame rail and the driveshaft, not outside the frame rail as in the Chevy trucks. Chrysler is "the engineering company", after all.

I think I have actually figured out a way to repair these plastic gas tanks:

OT: Mopar plastic gas tank leaks;what to do?

But in the event of a leaking plastic tank, the most important thing is to find out what made it break in the first place, and eliminate that cause. Otherwise you're going to be dropping the tank again.

Screenshot_20160517-220816.png

Old thread Ink. I wanted to see the truck too.

Stumbled upon this thread trying to learn more about the Southbounder edition...I get the feeling that y'all are talking about my truck.

I had it up for sale because i was buying a house and needed the cash. Had a few sales fall through and decided to keep the truck and be cash poor for a little while. After spending a lot of time and money on my new place, I've got back around to getting this thing refreshed and going. I've got no plans to sell it at the moment. Here are some pictures for those of you that were interested:

14289870_10100389086903964_1359889586902380932_o.jpg

File_0001.jpeg

00L0L_5qwRpIus78A_600x450.jpg

00V0V_kN6MbCbqvcr_600x450.jpg

Yup that's it. I can just hear Dickey Betts "Southbound" blairin outta the radio.

I am from Macon, GA and grew up on HWY 41 (Ramblin Man reference), so the Allman Brothers Band reference is quite fitting!

Cheers, y'all!

We may know each other.....no tellin. lol

-
Back