W2 Combos,let's see them......

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
:prayer:My favorite cylinder head,bang for the buck killer stuff.Show watchya got..............

360 .040 Ross pistons...scat I beams...unported W2, holley intake, MP 590 cam.

In 69 Barracuda, has not ran in a year....

Attachments

• Picture 501.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 662
  • Picture 500.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 650
another ten second 360 by santos. tony how much compression you running ?

another ten second 360 by santos. tony how much compression you running ?

The heads have never been CC...and I dont remember the dome on the ross pistons..I would have to dig out my notebook...and I think that is in my work truck..LOL..

That car does not 60 ft well...headers are too big...2 inch hookers...actually those heads are a hack job...lol...been using them on and off since 1985...dam I am getting old.

mine need work also,needs the next size up 2.05? 2.08?to put them back in the optimum place in the chamber.only asked about compression because i'm guessing they work much better with alot of squeeze....

mine have 2.065 and 1.63 valves in them...11/32 stems....Long story...

the pistons were custom made..i bought from someone else..so you see it is a hack job...lol

i have measurements from the engine assembly, not even sure what head gasket is on it......but in notebook...w2 are like any other head...they like compression..

Sadly, in the barn about 10' from where the Scamp sits is a full W-2 340. Fresh, from the '70's. Guy owns a bunch of Formula S cars (SB & BB), a Dart convert, a mint '68 XR-7 Cougar, a beautiful Packard, a few vintage Benzs'...I'd ask about the motor, but it I'm scared to hear the price!

Econo W2 's on a 10.2 to 1 408 stroker ,Iskenderian solid flat tappit.254 duration @50 cam (108 lobe sep),Hedman fenderwells ,victor intake ,HS rollers.I mildly home ported the heads and am waiting for pushrods at the moment.I cant wait to run it with the new cam and head widdling ...

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 549
This was my aluminum W-2 Batten X-block motor. it made 593 @ 7200 with the Valves hitting the pistons . Ryan at Shady Dell destroyed it. But they had To replace it with a resto Indy head motor. Just parts I didn't let them touch the second motor . After they ruined the second resto block with their CNC program.

Attachments

• block11.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 527
  • batten2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 526
  • batten1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 541
I got a W2 340 in my Duster. Unsure of the specs really, I bought it last year from a guy out in CA. 3.31" stroke, Iron W2s, (2.05 intake valves I think) H.S rockers, Victor W2 intake, TTI 1 7/8" headers w. full 3" exhaust, MP. 557" solid cam, Proform 750 DP., MP electronic ign. Nothin' fancy. Full interior, all steel. 904 with forward valve body and low gear set, 4.30 gear, 275/60/15 tire, went best of 11.97 through the mufflers according to the P.O. Street driven regularly. Runs on pump premium 93 but I mix 100 unleaded since I can buy it right up the road from me. I feel like it should be a little faster but I won't know until sometime later on this year.

Taking some weight out of it this winter and installing Cal Tracs.

Hey Oldmanmopar, those valve covers are cool! Where did you get them? What brand?

Here's my W2. "Supposed" specs on it: 416 ci, 50cc chambers, flat top Diamond pistons, heads flow around 320 cfm, HS rockers, Victor W2 intake, 1-7/8" TTi headers. Will know soon if all this is really correct.

Here's about a year ago.

105.jpg

After I pulled the engine last month. Finally I can get those rusty headers recoated.

138.jpg

Old 810 w2's. Made 550 hp with my 360" and hoping to make 640 hp with my 434" short block that is almost ready fo the dyno

This was my aluminum W-2 Batten X-block motor. it made 593 @ 7200 with the Valves hitting the pistons . Ryan at Shady Dell destroyed it. But they had To replace it with a resto Indy head motor. Just parts I didn't let them touch the second motor . After they ruined the second resto block with their CNC program.

What's the story on that blowing up the motor thing?

-
Back