W2 dual pattern head header options

-

1lostsoldier

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of W2 heads pn#p4532693 for my 71' Demon that have the exhaust bolt pattern holes for both the standard small block exhaust and the W2 pattern. I see TTI sells a nice header for the A-body with the W2 flange but I hadn't heard if anyone had any issues with just using the standard small block flange on these heads like a set of Doug's. I am only leaning toward the standard type headers because it gives me more options for the future. My really only concern is that the standard header ports are in a slightly different position than the w2 ports so I see some flow interruption there.

that is correct the w2 exhaust port and the standard LA header do not match up very good....some people use them...

TTi makes two w2 headers...the 1 5/8- 1 3/4 steppped header which will fit the inner bolts on the w2 exhaust port pattern...and they make 1 7/8 headers which fit the older exhaust port bolt pattern...

Hedman header makes w2 headers..,.of various sizes...but most of them use an inner flange adapter ..

#1- find a header that fits
#2-buy the W2 flange
#3cut the LA flange off and weld the W2 flange on
Andrew

#1- find a header that fits
#2-buy the W2 flange
#3cut the LA flange off and weld the W2 flange on
Andrew

Seeing that tti makes good quality w2 headers that fit my car why would you go through all that trouble.
My only real question is if anyone had success using the standard LA flange on these heads without a big performance loss?

Are you building a race car...street car....street/strip car.....

what are specs on the engine?

call TTi and talk to Sam the owner....he should have an idea of the difference in the headers and what kind of performance hit you might take.

dont cost anything to call....lol

Are you building a race car...street car....street/strip car.....

what are specs on the engine?

call TTi and talk to Sam the owner....he should have an idea of the difference in the headers and what kind of performance hit you might take.

dont cost anything to call....lol
Alright I'll give him a ring thanks.

Street/strip 390c.i., ~9.5:1cr, havent picked a cam out yet but it will be a full roller setup looking around .580-.6 lift w/ nothing to radical for duration, w2 heads ported to the mopar perf. templates, w2 holley dominator intake, holley hp650 carb, 833 trans and 3.23 sg rear.

-
Back