W2 Headache

-

Dart 67 sedan

Reaction score
I have set of w2 heads that I got in an engine deal. They are 4532693 castings, with closed
chambers. Heads have been ported. they are in the machine shop now for new valves, springs
etc. My problem is there only one set of bolt holes on the exhaust side for bolting the headers up. Everything I seen or have read ,everybody talks about two sets of holes. Can you all tell me what heads these are and what headers I need to buy to work on them. thinking of race only build. 410. h beam rods, flat top pistons zero and deck and 600 something cam with rollers.
950 cfm carb . 727 trans and 488 gears. Hoping mid to low 10's. 500 to 550 horses maybe. Will this work? Been out racing for 30+ years.

TTi offers headers to fit those heads. You need to know the spacing between the center exhaust bolts......There are two dimensions....

I have attached a photo from their website...I have several sets of w2 heads...but all are open chamber heads and couple have the dual bolt pattern....one has the narrow pattern and one has the wide pattern....looks like I got all bases covered...LOL

Dual-Bolt-Pattern-Head.jpg

TTi offers headers to fit those heads. You need to know the spacing between the center exhaust bolts......There are two dimensions....

I have attached a photo from their website...I have several sets of w2 heads...but all are open chamber heads and couple have the dual bolt pattern....one has the narrow pattern and one has the wide pattern....looks like I got all bases covered...LOL

View attachment 1715248425
Thanks I will call machine shop in the morning and get measurement. you've bases covered and I'm still trying to figure out what bat to use. Nice numbers

Most W2 headers back in the day for the single pattern exhaust used adapter plates to bolt up large tube headers. The adapter plates are still available from a couple of different companies.

those are close chamber race heads and the bolt holes should be the wider race flange spacing.
1 7/8 TTIs will run about 800$... or at least mine did.

-
Back