W2 Questions

-

SwingerMan

Reaction score
I may be picking up a set of W2 race heads P4529446 (70 cc chamber/198 cc port). They do not come with the rockers and I was wondering which rockers will work with these heads. Anyone know if these will work?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...art=DCC-5249089&N=700+400172+115&autoview=sku

Being new to the W2 head from what I have gathered the "econo" head rockers are not the same as the "race" head rockers correct? Is the difference that the race head rockers are offset?

Thanks

The W-2 head comes in to basic versions.

With or without rockerstands. In any event, you'll need to purchase rockers that are offset. The heads can use stock parts (In full) from a 70 T/A /AAR 340 head. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase offset exhaust rockers so you can re-use OE parts. (Adjustable rocker or not)

Your search for offset rockers in the link above are correct to use.

The W-2 head comes in to basic versions.

With or without rockerstands. In any event, you'll need to purchase rockers that are offset. The heads can use stock parts (In full) from a 70 T/A /AAR 340 head. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase offset exhaust rockers so you can re-use OE parts. (Adjustable rocker or not)

Your search for offset rockers in the link above are correct to use.

Thanks for the info rumblefish360.

Econo heads have cast in rocker stands, Race heads dont so the valve train is more $$. Thats the only difference.

I would stay away from ordering any Mopar Performance item thats on back order. You may never get it. Your best bet is to contact Ryan Johnson at Shadydell Machine Shop in PA. He knows his small block heads especially the W series.

You have the open chambered W2 race heads. You'll need the mounting blocks and good rocker shafts. The stands are milled to support the blocks. As already mentioned, most of the investment in these heads will be in the valvetrain. Also I would use the long race valves to get the installed height on the valve springs that you'll need to make the power that these heads are capable of. Get Ryan J to port them for you and you will really be surprised!!

Thanks for the insight guys I see why they are fairly cheap now (no valve train). Going to wait the eddy's may be a better option for me.

Probably so. They do not flow as much as the W-2 stock but can come close ported. The W-2 can be seriously extensivly ported, with big bucks of course and flow over 350 cfm.
LOL, by the time you spend that money, it would have paid to get a different head and port less. But when that was the only hed out there for us, the best of the best went to work on them.

-
Back