W5 large runner intake manifold

-

dartswinger84

Reaction score
I need the intake manifold for w5 headed 420 street/strip sb engine, i know there isn't many options available. (best one is Indy360-3R,-> but big$$$, MP small runner w5 M1->too small, and MP Large runner w5??? )
Does anyone have any info to share about large runner intakes?? designed to use racing engines or hp street engines???? I only found one post fron RyanJ about mp w5 intakes. And yes, it's hard to find one, but sometimes for sale.
4.125" stroke
4.03" Bore
10.7:1 CR
2.08 & 1.60 11/32" stems, cnc ported w5's etc. etc...
Thanks

I sold my small runner M1 W5 at spring fling, my Indy intake sold with my last W5 top end..... the LAST piece from my W5 era is an Edelbrock Super Victor intake that was milled to run on W5 heads..... and it'd for sale.

78259a6d.jpg

.....and the large runner W5 intake?? I owned 3 intake combo's and that wasn't one of them. Designed for sustained high rpm usage. To be honest, if you were looking at "street/strip" that W5 small runner would have been the cats azz imho.

the small runner..... actually got this one and a box of parts when I bought a set of heads from an ARCA racer. The heads were advertised as "Arrington" heads, but upon their arrival we're quite certain they were "Arrow" heads. Had logs for valve stems and not much more than a shine port job. It was no wonder the guy went back to GM based engines.

9f6d49e2.jpg

man we had fun with this lil mill.... car wasn't legal for sub 9's so my dad shifted at 6K and ran low 10's. With the 4.56 gear and 6800 shift point it went 9.87 @ 136. Stock 340 block filled, BRC 2 bolt main caps, Eagle 4" stroke, Eagle rods. Life was so much simpler then...

7-13-2007W5Engine-01.jpg

I have a LP W5 intake that I can look over it for you. What is it you want to know about the intake?
NOT for sale though.

Oh, by the way, I received a few good pictures of his intake. It is a REALLY nice unit.

A body, do the water line feed or take water from the block?

..... To be honest, if you were looking at "street/strip" that W5 small runner would have been the cats azz imho.
Ok, i think it's too small intake??i think it should be at least victor style/size intake what i need,
-Engine is filled 318x-block
-4.125" crank, 4.03" bore ,custom pistons 11:1/65cc, pump gas. Cnc ported w5's, 2.08/1.60, 11/32 valve stems, solid flat tappet cam,~250-260°@.050", .600-.630" lift range. Harland sharp 1.5 rockers, tti 1 7/8" w5headers, maybe 950 quick fuel annular booster , q-or ct series carb, or custom made carb.
i found one picture from moparts, and it looks like only
difference between indy and LP w5 intake is runner design/length?(LP left, indy center, SP right)
And between small and large port intakes, is there any differences between SP and LP. I mean port size, width x height or is it just runner lenght?
Hopely you guys undestand what i'm asking :violent1:
and pictures please, inside, outside plenum design etc etc

Attachments

• 5929871-3004269-DSCN0829.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 313
A body, do the water line feed or take water from the block?
filled block.... pushed water to center of head.

Dartswinger..... I have NO use for this intake, make me an offer I can't refuse!

btw... the pict above was the Ebrock super victor on the left, the Indy on the right. We used a spacer and 4500 dominator. Top of intake will still fit a 4150 carb without spacer.... we didn't hog them out in case we wanted to play with the smaller carb on the combo.

top shot of Super Victor...

null_zps318ebfcc.jpg

null_zps47214c66.jpg

-
Back