Wagon Color

-
Looks original to me.

Check the pictures of the open doors and tailgate.
Look at all the bolts and rubber..they look untouched.
If the car was painted, they only did the outside.

By the way, I hate the wheels, tires and the exhaust.

And there is a small dent on the left side of the tailgate in the woodgrain section.
Dent Docter could take it out real easy.

I like the car, but I wonder about this part of the description.....

we find true low mileage classic original cars ,convertibles & trucks... This is truly a fine example of one of CHRYSLERS best ever made and last year of production of convertible this vintage!!!

I wish they would've shown at least one picture of it with the top down. :-D

They weren't as careful with the underhood paint as the outside of the car.
Usually fogged in thin.

Looks to be the original light metallic green we see on so many mid 70 Mopars. I have a neighbor with a 74 Dart in that color green.
The wood grain is not original to that wagon though. A wagon with wood grain in those years would have had chrome trim surrounding the wood grain which this one does not have. This one has the side molding and lower tailgate molding that was applied to non-woodgrain wagons. Woodgrain itself looks nice but is not the correct grain or color for a Plymouth wagon of this vintage. It looks like the woodgrain might be painted on rather than a large decal as the factory would have done.
Still, the wagon is a nice custom job.

Really nice interior ! Looks brand new !

The "...rare dual exhaust..." deal is , most-likely , total b.s. It was a 2 Bbl 360 to begin with ( "K" engine code on vin ) , which means it was most-likely fitted with a delicious catalytic converter and a single-outlet exhaust .
But , then again , it is a 49 state model ( Lean Burn wasn't available in CA due to the lack of emissions controls inherent to the system ) .

Overall , nice ride ! I'd love to own something like that . Nice , clean basis for a close-to-stock-resto

-
Back