Wagon: Question or request for pictures of the rear seat Wagon

-

Schyrjajew

Reaction score
A somewhat specific question. I got my (first) 65 Valiant wagon half disassembled. Never had a wagon before.
Now I have noticed that apparently an intermediate piece of the rear seat is missing. It is this panel to fold down. The piece can probably be re-manufactured with wood and then simply carpet over it ;) . But I should know exactly how the mechanism works and where it is screwed on. Can someone send me more detailed pictures? Both upright and folded down. Of course a video would be even better.

THE PICTURE IS AN EXAMPLE
Screenshot_20191218_222449.jpg
Screenshot_20191218_225330.jpg

Screenshot_20191218_222449.jpg

My neighbor down the street has a 66 Valiant wagon. I'll check.

it just sits there attached with a long hinge .The seat holds it in place when upright and when you fold the seat down you press down on the seat back and that piece falls into place locking as the seat raises up slightly when you stop pressing forming a complete floor from tailgate to the back of the front seat. To lift the seat back you press down on the seat back and with your other hand lift that small piece up as you raise the seat back. It is very basic. I can shoot you photos if you like over the weekend when I go over to my garage where I keep my 65 wagon

My neighbor did shoot some video but it is too dark and shaky. I will have to go there in the daylight with him and get better pics and video.

If none of the above pan out, I can get a video up of my '63, on the weekend. Same thing.

it just sits there attached with a long hinge .The seat holds it in place when upright and when you fold the seat down you press down on the seat back and that piece falls into place locking as the seat raises up slightly when you stop pressing forming a complete floor from tailgate to the back of the front seat. To lift the seat back you press down on the seat back and with your other hand lift that small piece up as you raise the seat back. It is very basic. I can shoot you photos if you like over the weekend when I go over to my garage where I keep my 65 wagon
If it doesn't bother you, I'd be glad.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. I think I'll make this one out of wood and put carpet on it. If someone still has the measurements of it, that would not be undesirable, of course. :)

Measurements coming. Likely not tomorrow, I work, and we're in the 17 hours of darkness time of year. Sunday.

Sorry man. I totally forgot about this today. I even had a helper here that could have shot some video. valiantwagonguy's pics are excellent though. I'll get you some measurements tomorrow.

it'll be Christmas Eve by the time you read this, so first off, Merry Christmas. The long side, is 42and3/8", or for you, 1083mm, the short (hinged, facing the rear of the car) is 41and3/4", or 1035mm. It's 5and7/16", or 138mm in width. The large radii is about the diameter of a 500ml dairy lid. The short end radii about the size of a 1L pickle jar lid. I should have been an engineer, haha.

-
Back