Walker Quiet flow mufflers ?

-
68 you can fit 20" but it is tough then for inlet and outlet pipes to fit. My home made VOE ones are 19 and stock use 18" body units. I used to run some Cadillac ones that were huge. They were from a single exhaust 1975-76 Eldorado and 21856 is what it was. It used to be 4.5" by 11", roughly, with a 19" case size. Now they are only 4.25" by 9.75" by 19" so they fit better. I'll find you some numbers in addition to the ones I listed if there are other potential candidates.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walker-21856-Exhaust-Muffler-/400712737785?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1976%7CMake%3ACadillac%7CModel%3AEldorado&hash=item5d4c5723f9&vxp=mtr"]Walker 21856 Exhaust Muffler | eBay[/ame]

Tom

Hey Tom (and everybody else) - I found the Walker Quiet-Flow 3's at Summit. From what I can tell, the Quiet-Flow 3 is is the steel and aluminized finish. The Quiet-Flow SS is the stainless steel. A really good candidate would be the 21548, 2.5" offset inlet, 2.5" centered outlet, 16" case length, 20" OAL. And they are only $48.97 each!

Oops, offset outlet. 4.25" x 8.8" oval

68 my older books shows that to be only 4. 1/4 by 8 13/16 wide and it is offset offset. Let me run it by my pals to check for sure.
Tom

OK, here is one good option. Walker 22589, used on 1991 318 single exhaust Dakota. 2.5" in and out, 16" case, offset-center configuration and has nice tubes internally. Will sound like a "turbo" style muffler but will be closer to stock that straight through ones will.
NOTE: it was used with a catalytic convertor so it will be a tad louder than smaller, more choked varieties.
Tom

Walker 22589 - "Superceded or obsolete part number" - LOL

I'm beginning to take this personal - maybe I'm not meant to have a Quiet-Flow!:banghead:

Man 68, you must be bad luck. I'll put my pal on it to see what else he has to say.
Never give up!
21856 will fit and will sound nice and relatively quiet but will restrict a high flow engine's exhaust a bit. Came on 472 and 500 cu in Cadillacs originally (and with single exhaust). May not be good for a big HP engine but will work for a smaller one.
Tom

Man 68, you must be bad luck. Tom

You got that right! I may just go with the Super Turbos. Although.....I still keep thinking that Milehighdart's car sounds really good! What problems would I expect to run into if I used the Quiet-Flows that were a bit smaller and had both inlet and outlet offset? I'm going to have to have the downpipe fabricated so I can't really see a problem. If they are a little louder, they would probably still be quieter than the Super Turbo.

-
Back