-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pastortom1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm in Florida, and the heat factor is just murder on my cars. On my A-Bodies (several), I have always had scoops to keep the engine bay cooler, and trust me when I say there's a profound difference between scooped and non-scooped bays......(and naturally I mean non-sealed scoops....just fresh air intake, not sealed to the cleaner).

My little Cuda is just too hot.......It's only in the 90's and I melted a 2BBL adaptor under my air cleaner (pretty good quality too.....just plain warped and sagged over the carb).

What I want is a flat hood for the car that I can add a scoop to......On this model Cuda, I'm partial to the B-Body 6-Pack scoops, but NOT the tall ones. I'd be interested in a steel flat (not even sure if one exists), OR a fiberglass bolt-on (not lift-off)........OR a scooped fiberglass, as long as it's a LOW 6-pack scoop.

Let me know what you might have laying around, and IN FLORIDA would be helpful.

I have wished there was a alternative hood for the car too just to delete the medallions. As far as I know, fabricating a hood is the only option. I'll stay tuned to this thread though. Good luck

I've found fiberglass hoods with a six-pack, BUT they're all the tall "ugly" (in my opinion) scoops......They just do NOT look right.........Lots of overkill........

You come up to Huntsville, AL and I will GIVE you a flat hood that was de-skinned by the PO. It is just the top skin and has a hole cut for whatever scoop you want to add. Also has some louvers cut into it. Will need 4 pins.

I put on a US Body 6 pack race weight hood so I could clear the aircleaner, which it barely does. Poor quality on the US Body hood BTW IMO. There was no 90 degree lip on the rear side and it looks like somebody trimmed the back and maybe sent it back or they trimmed it at US Body but it is too short. It is light though.

Thanks for the offer of that skin.....but the trip isn't in the cards right now.

By the way, I have some nice stuff to swap for a good hood that I'm lookin' for......Nice set of high-back A-Body bucket seats (black, Duster, with center medallions), and a nice 67 auto-Console for starters............

As far as the stock hood offer, I already have one......Do NOT want to cut and mod the steel.......just don't have it in me these days......I need a flat hood or scooped hood to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back