-
Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for vintage real ones, not the repops!
Need them as good as the photo, or better.
PM please. Thanks.
wanted to buy - DZUS AJ5-45 fasteners.JPG

Have you tried Aircraft Spruce?
I emailed them and asked if they are the real deal dzus parts.
On line, they show a drawing, not a part. Newer dzus fasteners have different head markings. Repops have none, in most cases!
Thanks for mentioning them...

I can assure you those are "real" Dzus Fasteners. FAA, PMA approved parts. High quality. These are what we use on the aircraft we repair, that need dzus fasteners replace. The ones we order and install, have head markings like the ones in your photo.

Last edited:
I can assure you those are "real" Dzus Fasteners. FAA, PMA approved parts. High quality. These are what we use on the aircraft we repair, that need dzus fasteners replace. The ones we order and install, have head markings like the ones in your photo.

Thanks .

Got a reply from Aircraft Spruce and they say the ones they sell have no head markings!! (???)
I sent them a pic of what I am looking for and that was the reply.
My search continues.

I appreciate taking the time to dig them up and take a look.

I checked out the link.
They are not genuine dzus fasteners, but compatible with them. For my resto, I need the real deal, vintage parts.

Gotta say DZUS !

Checked the link out. They make Dzus compatible parts. (arrrghhh!!!)

Another reason why doing period correct restos are so much fun!!
The chase, hunting for the parts!!!
:elmer:

One of my customers works with the Pettys (yeahhhh those guys lol). He had surgery a couple days ago but will check his stash when he's back up and around.

I'll double check and let ya know.
Got any springs or collars for them, size 5?

One of my customers works with the Pettys (yeahhhh those guys lol). He had surgery a couple days ago but will check his stash when he's back up and around.

Up and around yet?? Just wondering....
Found some close, but not exact yet, so still in pursuit.
Thanks

I'll check some of the old sprint car guys. They may have some on old body parts laying around with them on. I haven't seen them since the 80's . I think that is when they went to the lighter wire clip style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back