Want to place fuel filter between tank & pump...

-

ZooKypr

Reaction score
About 500 miles ago I instaled new mech. fuel pump, fuel filter, blew out fuel lines and installed new gas tank & sending unit but removed the sock strainer. Recently the fuel filter with 500 miles clogged and I replaced it. I want to place a fuel filter in between the tank and fuel pump. Which fuel filter type should I use, either the bronze element type or a plastic mesh filter in a small metal canister (part FF1203 used on some cycles).
I read previous posts against fuel filters in between tank & pump because the pump pushes not pulls the fuel thru the lines to the carb. I've read some posts advising to use a coarse (bronze) elemnet or a filter with a strainer similar to the small one I found for cycles/dirt bikes in the which I cut the filter in half and found a plastic mesh filter. The diameter of that filter is like a person's index finger. Any thoughts fellas?

I'm not sure about installing a filter there also but if you did try one of those fram canister types. It has a large replacable element with lots of surface area.
You may want to just replace yours with what you have and try it again to see if you got most of the trash out already.

-
Back