Want to trade shifter stick, local pierce county area

Cascade Regional Board

1. Bad Shrimp

Bad Shrimp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    I need a longer shifter stick for a833. I have 1 that is 10-12 inches chrome made by Hurst. I,d like to trade for something that will swap in and that is 14+ inches. Looking for something local before I take a torch and a grinding wheel to the one I have. I,'ll post pic of what I have in the morning.

Pixies

20180818_123625.jpg

20180818_123644.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2018
  2. AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 68 B'cuda fb, Form S clone ... 367/A833/3.55s

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
    Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    Jus asking; why

3. Bad Shrimp

Bad Shrimp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    In a seated position this shifter is hitting my leg. If my legs were normal length it wouldn't be a problem. So it's getting the chop chop smash unless I can trade for a longer one which involves less work.

4. AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 68 B'cuda fb, Form S clone ... 367/A833/3.55s

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
    Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    AHA, sorry about your long legs lol.

Just FWI, I moved the shifter back about 8 inches, to between the buckets . And I brought it a little closer to where my arm falls naturally.And I raised it up.And installed a really short stick.
    And that was after I moved the seat back. And removed the rear seat altogether. And dropped the column a bit. And installed a small diameter steering wheel. And I am just under 5ft 9.
    I think these cars were built for women, cuz none have ever fit me. And 5-9 is about average height for men, isn't it?
    Be careful what you wish for; I got rid of the long factory stick because when I slipped off it, my knuckles were in the dash; and that 2-3 shift was a lean-forward and over to the right, and smash it as hard as I could. Of course this didn't help my clutch timing any, and I often missed shifts.
    Since the relocation, I have yet to miss a shift. The rev-limiter is getting lonely, not having had a visitor since 2004.
    I think my legs are a little long for my height; kindof like a dwarf, but in reverse,lol.
    Anyway, I hope you find what you need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.