Want to Upgrade Headlights and Secondary Lights

-

cudaracer

Reaction score
I have an E body which is hard to drive at night with my eyesight. What can I do to upgrade the stock looking lights for more output, while looking stock. Mostly.

PM slantsixdan or search for his threads. He is our expert on lighting here at FABO.

PM slantsixdan or search for his threads. He is our expert on lighting here at FABO.

Lol, i was just about to post that. I would add that making sure your charging system is
optimized is #1. The best lamp in the world can't do it's job with insufficient current/voltage.
I believe member crackedback offeres an effective common upgrade to relays & appropriate
wiring etc. in a nice package, I would highly recommend that upgrade. ALL of the wiring and
terminations associated w/the charging system should be checked, esp. at the firewall & ign.
sw. slantsixdan provides handy links in his posts for your "enlightenment",..use them!
Mopar Action also did an excellent lamp test on their Dakota project vehicle a few yrs. ago.

:coffee2:

Lol, i was just about to post that. I would add that making sure your charging system is
optimized is #1. The best lamp in the world can't do it's job with insufficient current/voltage.
I believe member crackedback offeres an effective common upgrade to relays & appropriate
wiring etc. in a nice package, I would highly recommend that upgrade. ALL of the wiring and
terminations associated w/the charging system should be checked, esp. at the firewall & ign.
sw. slantsixdan provides handy links in his posts for your "enlightenment",..use them!
Mopar Action also did an excellent lamp test on their Dakota project vehicle a few yrs. ago.

:coffee2:

Very good point!

X2 for the crackedback upgrade. Night and day difference, no pun intended!

X4. Crackedback or Dan's, you can't lose. I used Crackedback's, he's "local". The lights are BRIGHT.

Russ.

When doing the relay upgrade, your headlights arent your only difference. Dash lights are WAY better as well.

One of the first things I noticed with a relay kit was all those lit up signs way down the road that were not there before. LOL (last pic and on the right side)

crackedback's stuff is stupid good. Other than KNOWN quality stuff like his, you need to be careful because in the lighting world, not everything is an upgrade by a long shot.

X6 his kit works great. I also upgraded to GE Nighthawk sealed beams, these were also a huge improvement over the stock bulbs.

Thank you all for the excellent and detailed information. It's a bit more work than I was hoping for, but certainly justifiable.

cudaracer

-
Back