-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey FABO! Does anyone have a set of 4 factory trim rings for 14" Rallyes they wanna sell? I would prefer the stainless looking ones over the brushed ones, but I would consider either. Must be in good condition - no curb rash please. Thanks!

The only factory all stainless 14 inch ones i have ever seen for 69-74 Mopar are the rare 69 only ones all the other years where brushed. I have a very nice set of brushed originals on a set of rallye wheels and tires i just put in the parts for sale section. I may consider selling them separately if someone wants to buy the wheels with-out them PM me if interested

The only factory all stainless 14 inch ones i have ever seen for 69-74 Mopar are the rare 69 only ones all the other years where brushed. I have a very nice set of brushed originals on a set of rallye wheels and tires i just put in the parts for sale section. I may consider selling them separately if someone wants to buy the wheels with-out them PM me if interested

The 69s are what Bob has listed from looking at his pictures. Like an idiot I let two NOS get away from me cheap before I knew the difference.

Just to clarify things here, NO rallye wheel came with any other trim ring than the brushed style, with the single exception of the 1970 only 15" rallye. Also, no rallye wheel was even available until 1970, so the 69 stainless items mentioned above are not correct for any rallye wheel.

Although you didn't mention if you were working with SBP or LBP, all SBP rallyes were 14x5.5", no other size available unless it's aftermarket, so the correct corresponding trim ring needs to be for a 5.5" rim. LBP 14" rallyes could have come in 5.5", or 6" on later cars so you need to be sure what you are looking to buy is correct for your rim width.

Hope this helps in your search, Geof

Just to clarify things here, NO rallye wheel came with any other trim ring than the brushed style, with the single exception of the 1970 only 15" rallye. Also, no rallye wheel was even available until 1970, so the 69 stainless items mentioned above are not correct for any rallye wheel.

Although you didn't mention if you were working with SBP or LBP, all SBP rallyes were 14x5.5", no other size available unless it's aftermarket, so the correct corresponding trim ring needs to be for a 5.5" rim. LBP 14" rallyes could have come in 5.5", or 6" on later cars so you need to be sure what you are looking to buy is correct for your rim width.

exactly. rallye production 70-77 rallye wheels were gone by 78

What Moparparts said is correct based off my own experience.

The two trim rings I saw at the swapmeet were not brushed and still sealed in the Mopar packing until I opened one with part number as listed below. I saw the clips and left them. Later ran the part number to figure out they were rare and I had screwed up. Later I saw them sell on eBay just north of $300.00. We have all found differences in Mopar parts since there was more than one vendor that supplied parts.

The part number for the chrome not brushed 1969 ring is 2944161. 1969 was the first and only year the trim ring was used that had the "lip" and was attached to the outside of the rim like a wheel weight does by 4 clips.

Check your 1969 Mopar parts book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=140060127747&nma=true&rt=nc&si=EemKRKO7NEvyl7ZDWr%252FxLW5GXHI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Attachments

• !B8Ykf-Q!mk~$(KGrHqV,!jcEzKeFIc-YBM237bB7ug~~0_1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 760
Thanks oklacarcollecto and just to clarify to previous post...What i posted was...The only factory all stainless 14 inch ones i have ever seen for 69-74 Mopar are the rare 69 only ones all the other years where brushed....I never mentioned a 69 Rallye wheel specifically i know they never made a rallye for 69 what i said was any and all Mopar wheels of any kind made 69-74 that was the only chrome ring in those year which includes the 69 painted Road Wheels (styled /magnum 500 class 2) part number 2944162 wheel

Anyone know what trim ring was used on the 1969 Mopar a body W23 recall wheel?

69_Dart0012.jpg

My above post is not intended to question the authenticity of the 69 stainless trim rings, only to inform the OP as to the difference in trim rings, and to make sure he is informed before he purchases anything he may not be able to use. The correct trim ring for a SBP Rallye wheel should measure 2 1/4" deep to fully seat against the inner hub of the rim. If he has LBP 6" rims, the 5.5" trim rings will not finish correctly against the rim.

I don't know the measurements or the application of the above mentioned stainless rings, or whether they will finish correctly against a Rallye wheel, so if there are any specifications available for the OP, maybe they could be posted here to aid in the OP' search.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers over this, and I am not the acknowledged authority on trim rings, but I do know Rallye wheels!! Sorry gang, Geof

My above post is not intended to question the authenticity of the 69 stainless trim rings, only to inform the OP as to the difference in trim rings, and to make sure he is informed before he purchases anything he may not be able to use. The correct trim ring for a SBP Rallye wheel should measure 2 1/4" deep to fully seat against the inner hub of the rim. If he has LBP 6" rims, the 5.5" trim rings will not finish correctly against the rim.

I don't know the measurements or the application of the above mentioned stainless rings, or whether they will finish correctly against a Rallye wheel, so if there are any specifications available for the OP, maybe they could be posted here to aid in the OP' search.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers over this, and I am not the acknowledged authority on trim rings, but I do know Rallye wheels!! Sorry gang, Geof

When did the 14" ralley wheels go to 6" wide on the LBP? I need to pull out my Holander Interchange manuals and get this straight in my head.

I found the answer to my own question.. The 6" came on b bodies.

What Moparparts said is correct based off my own experience.

The two trim rings I saw at the swapmeet were not brushed and still sealed in the Mopar packing until I opened one with part number as listed below. I saw the clips and left them. Later ran the part number to figure out they were rare and I had screwed up. Later I saw them sell on eBay just north of $300.00. We have all found differences in Mopar parts since there was more than one vendor that supplied parts.

The part number for the chrome not brushed 1969 ring is 2944161. 1969 was the first and only year the trim ring was used that had the "lip" and was attached to the outside of the rim like a wheel weight does by 4 clips.

Check your 1969 Mopar parts book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=140060127747&nma=true&rt=nc&si=EemKRKO7NEvyl7ZDWr%252FxLW5GXHI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

looks to me like i have 8 of those...how do i tell if they're genuine?

looks to me like i have 8 of those...how do i tell if they're genuine?

The valve stem hole is the quickest way to eliminate some of them. The hole I can see in your picture is correct. Check all the ones you have with a nmagnet, it it sticks they are reproductions. The 69s have 4 sets of black clips that resemble wheel weights and you don't have those. Post some more pictures. There have been reproductions over the years that are impossible for me to rule out.

Thank You Geof, I appreciate the info!

The valve stem hole is the quickest way to eliminate some of them. The hole I can see in your picture is correct. Check all the ones you have with a nmagnet, it it sticks they are reproductions. The 69s have 4 sets of black clips that resemble wheel weights and you don't have those. Post some more pictures. There have been reproductions over the years that are impossible for me to rule out.

the left ones measure 3 inches off the floor, and have 4 clips on the back. the right ones are 2.5 inches off the floor and have clips all the way around.

someone has wrote "70 dodge" on the back of the skinnier ones.

Did you try a magnet? Especially on the left ones. The four are too wide for the small bolt wheels.

Does any of them have a lip that is touching the floor? The lip would be bent toward the center.

attachment.php

Did you try a magnet? Especially on the left ones. The four are too wide for the small bolt wheels.

Does any of them have a lip that is touching the floor? The lip would be bent toward the center.

attachment.php

no flat spots on either :/ . a magnet will kind of stick to the left ones. on the right it appears that the magnet doesn't do anything to them.
funny even on the left ones. the magnet barely sticks, but does have a small interaction.

btw this is a total thread hijack and i apologize. i want to help our guy out with one of these sets if they're something he can use.

no flat spots on either :/ . a magnet will kind of stick to the left ones. on the right it appears that the magnet doesn't do anything to them.
funny even on the left ones. the magnet barely sticks, but does have a small interaction.

Are you staying away from the metal clips? Are all the valve stem holes shaped alike on all seven?

btw this is a total thread hijack and i apologize. i want to help our guy out with one of these sets if they're something he can use.

You need to find out how wide his wheels are because that will make a difference.

Are you staying away from the metal clips? Are all the valve stem holes shaped alike on all seven?

i have 8, i do see on;y 7 made the shot, but yes all are shaped the same.
the metal clips might be whats giving the small interaction...the sticking is faint at best.

You need to find out how wide his wheels are because that will make a difference.

i think he's in bed for the night. lol i'll check with him tomorrow

i think he's in bed for the night. lol i'll check with him tomorrow

I just unboxed my rings. Laying them face down and measuring straight up they are 2 1/4" deep. I am pretty sure that they are all original rings since I recovered two of them that were in the trunk of a car that was parked since the early 80s. Then about a week later I was at a swapmeet and bought four more that are perfect matches with them. I have a few more boxed some where too. The rings I have don't show as sharp of a lip as the stainless steel one in the single picture but there is a lip there from where the metal is folded back on itself on the insides. These rings would be for the 5 1/2" wide wheels used on an a body.

You need to just find out how picky he is. I am pretty picky about what goes on my car and try to get what would be right for the ralley wheels even though the ralley wheels weren't used in 1968. I have the original exposed lugnut caps for my car too as well as the regular full cover caps.

I just unboxed my rings. Laying them face down and measuring straight up they are 2 1/4" deep. I am pretty sure that they are all original rings since I recovered two of them that were in the trunk of a car that was parked since the early 80s. Then about a week later I was at a swapmeet and bought four more that are perfect matches with them. I have a few more boxed some where too. The rings I have don't show as sharp of a lip as the stainless steel one in the single picture but there is a lip there from where the metal is folded back on itself on the insides. These rings would be for the 5 1/2" wide wheels used on an a body.

You need to just find out how picky he is. I am pretty picky about what goes on my car and try to get what would be right for the ralley wheels even though the ralley wheels weren't used in 1968. I have the original exposed lugnut caps for my car too as well as the regular full cover caps.

i'm with you there. I'm not much of a "barret jackson" oem guy.... i mean i race a 74 dart wearing sublime. i respect the 1,500 mile numbers matching hemi cuda as much as the next guy, but appearence and functionality in my opinion far outweighs price and factory correctness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back