Wanted: 14" factory Rallye wheel trim rings

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm with you there. I'm not much of a "barret jackson" oem guy.... i mean i race a 74 dart wearing sublime. i respect the 1,500 mile numbers matching hemi cuda as much as the next guy, but function and functionality in my opinion far outweighs price and factory correctness.

If I wasn't doing a 68 Barracuda convertible it would be anything goes. There is going to be stuff on my car that is wrong and that is the way it is. OEM equipment that was available for my will be there even though it wasn't on it in the begining. The two things that will be wrong is the ralley wheels (I do have the originals) and the color. It was that snot green from the factory and I hate green.

I just unboxed my rings. Laying them face down and measuring straight up they are 2 1/4" deep. I am pretty sure that they are all original rings since I recovered two of them that were in the trunk of a car that was parked since the early 80s. Then about a week later I was at a swapmeet and bought four more that are perfect matches with them. I have a few more boxed some where too. The rings I have don't show as sharp of a lip as the stainless steel one in the single picture but there is a lip there from where the metal is folded back on itself on the insides. These rings would be for the 5 1/2" wide wheels used on an a body.

You need to just find out how picky he is. I am pretty picky about what goes on my car and try to get what would be right for the ralley wheels even though the ralley wheels weren't used in 1968. I have the original exposed lugnut caps for my car too as well as the regular full cover caps.

i'm with you there. I'm not much of a "barret jackson" oem guy.... i mean i race a 74 dart wearing sublime. i respect the 1,500 mile numbers matching hemi cuda as much as the next guy, but function and functionality in my opinion far outweighs price and factory correctness.

depending how picky he is i even have these lol

I am looking for these for my '75 Scamp.
I have repro 14x7's on the rear, and original 14x5.5 on the front.
Both BBP. I don't think the bolt pattern matters.
Yeah, like I said in the original post, I am looking for ones that are in good shape.
No problem at all on "hijacked thread" no biggie. I'm surprised at all the comments, lol. :happy1:

Wow, you guys are good!

Yeah, like I said in the original post, I am looking for ones that are in good shape.
No problem at all on "hijacked thread" no biggie. I'm surprised at all the comments, lol. :happy1:

Wow, you guys are good!

well you see the discussion and got my email. let me know if i can help ya.

Wow, you guys are good!

There is no doubt that what he has will work on the 7" wide wheels as long as the rings are 14".

Here is what my rings look like as far as the pattern. These are wider and for 15" wheels. They are NOS and can be yours today for only $5,495.00 OBO and free shipping.

Attachments

• $T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6m-mjBQMZbHpqJg~~60_3.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 120
Here is what my rings look like as far as the pattern. These are wider and for 15" wheels. They are NOS and can be yours today for only $5,495.00 OBO and free shipping.

i'll pop rivet my "dodge" hubcaps to my weld draglites before i shell out that kind of money for anything other than a complete car or a race engine lol

i'll pop rivet my "dodge" hubcaps to my weld draglites before i shell out that kind of money for anything other than a complete car or a race engine lol

That is the Barrett Jackson mentality. It is poeple like that that is driving the prices of NOS parts out of sight. Heck that is a $1000 more than I paid for the convertible when it was running and driving while sporting new paint plus new interior. Interior was totally wrong and done it a red velour but the seats were built up right.

I saw those on ebay for $5495.00. I don't care what you are restoring, there is NO WAY those are worth that much. Insane.

What Moparparts said is correct based off my own experience.

The two trim rings I saw at the swapmeet were not brushed and still sealed in the Mopar packing until I opened one with part number as listed below. I saw the clips and left them. Later ran the part number to figure out they were rare and I had screwed up. Later I saw them sell on eBay just north of $300.00. We have all found differences in Mopar parts since there was more than one vendor that supplied parts.

The part number for the chrome not brushed 1969 ring is 2944161. 1969 was the first and only year the trim ring was used that had the "lip" and was attached to the outside of the rim like a wheel weight does by 4 clips.

Check your 1969 Mopar parts book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...NEvyl7ZDWr%2FxLW5GXHI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
2944161 is the part number for 69 only BRUSHED trim ring, that part number was never for a chrome ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back