[WANTED] wanted 65 dart charger 273 emblems

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact 65dartcharger (Ulf in Sweden). He had some reproduced and may have extras.

My brother posted this thread for me. I have a mint 31,000 mile original slant 6 pale yellow, black bucket seat interior '65 dart gt that i'm trying to turn into a 273 charger tribute car after following the entire thread on 65dartcharger's (ulf from sweeden) thread. Me and my brother swapped in a complete drivetrain from a '65 273 2bbl car (motor, tranny, radiator, shroud, linkage, gas pedal,exhaust, etc.), coverted it to a factory 4bbl setup, and we (me actually) will do anything to get our hands on 3 emblems (2 for fenders and 1 for dash). We have ZERO interest in trying to deceive anyone into believing our car is a real car like ulf's. We already have a nostalgic set of aluminum halibrand knockoffs on the car that we love. We are simply a couple of early-a fanatics who have a fairly mint original survivor car who want to carry the torch in upstate new york for the dart guys out there. I'm willing to buy any of the rare "dart 273 charger" emblems in any condition. I am more than willing to post pics of our car if you'd like to see it...6cyl vin tag and all. I recently sold the 6cy drivetrain on ebay if anyone saw the auction and would like to see the car before it got the 273 transplant. If anyone out there is friends with Ulf, please let him know about this post as i feel he is the best chance i have at getting 3 of these emblems. Thanks, Brian (irishfatso56) and my brother dan (604B1duster).

My brother originally posted this ad. I have a mint original 31,000 mile pale yellow 6cyl '65 dart gt with black bucket seat interior. I am attempting, after following 65dartcharger (ulf from sweeden)'s restoration to turn my car into a 273 dart charger tribute car. I recently sold the entire 6cyl drivetrain on ebay and have installed an 8cyl, 273 2bbl drivetrain from another '65 gt (motor, tranny, radiator, exhaust, linkage gas pedal, ect...) while upgrading it to the factory 4bbl "273 charger" equipment. We have zero interest in trying to deceive anyone with our car. I have clearly shown the 6cyl origin of the car on ebay, it is registered as a 6cyl car, and it has 15" hailbrand knockoffs that aren't going anywhere. We are merely a couple of early-a fanatics from upstate new york looking to carry the torch for dart guys everywhere. I am looking to get 3 of these rare "dart charger 273" emblems in any condition (2 for fenders and 1 for dash). And please, if anyone here is friends with ulf, please let him know about our thread an what we are trying to do. I can post pics of the car pre-273 charger conversion (also on ebay) and post-conversion. Thanks from brian (irishfatso56) and my brother dan (604B1duster).

I've PM'd Ulf so you ought to hear from him in a day or two. He is probably making travel plans for Carlisle and the Nationals to show his DartCharger.

My brother originally posted this ad. I have a mint original 31,000 mile pale yellow 6cyl '65 dart gt with black bucket seat interior. .

You might have one of the "GoGo" Darts. I had a convertible same pale yellow, black interior, black top build date April 2, 1965 that Ulf determined to be a GoGo Dart. It's now gone but not forgotten!

EDIT: The car was originally sold in Albany NY by Albany Dodge; yes the rusties finally got to it!

Yes, I have some emblems. I'm waiting for two sets that will be casted in bronze. After that they will be chromed. The paint is the work that needs to be done.

I might have them in 7-8 weeks I hope. But for the fender you need the outer ring too! I can probably ask Johan to do a set for you. I'll ask and keep you posted.

From the moment I saw your car and learned the story of the '65 273 dartchargers i was hooked! If Johan could make me a set of the outer rings that would be amazing! I hope to see your car at Carlisle. I will send you some pics of mine. Just fired up the 273 tonight, and it will be at Carlisle. I cannot thank you enough Ulf!

I forgot to say thanks Dartman for the go-go info and sending that message for me. Yea, albany can be rough on cars! My dart actually spent most of it's life in georgia which is why it survived in such excellent condition. I'm posting some pics of it with it's original slant six drivetrain that i detailed, showed for a few years, and recently sold. I will post some pics of the 273 conversion after i finish the detail job. And thanks again Ulf! I look forward to hearing from you about the emblems!

Attachments

• Dart8.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Dart12.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Dart2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Dart13.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Dart9.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 69
Status