-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Bentley

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good late 67 or early 68 383 block with main caps, needs to have the bosses above oil pump for A body motor mount. Also need drivers side mount. Pm me here. thanks

Thanks, that's what I need but his is a 66 which would be for a 67 cuda or dart, I need 1 for a 68 383 S cuda so it would need to be a late 67 to early 68 date code. Also I would like to find 1 that would bore .030

OK...but if you 're looking to do a numbers-correct resto on a '68/69, wouldn't the stamped block VIN need to be correct for your car?

pm sent,,chrysler used alot of 66 date coded blocks for the 383 un the darts and cuda's mine has a 68 vin for a gts dart..very unlikely you will find a 67 or 68 date coded block..

Thanks, I know a guy that can fix the vin pad stampings, and sorry that is out of my price range at the moment. This is the 2nd 68- 383- 4spd fastback barracuda I have owned, the 1st one I sold about 10 years ago and regretted it ever since! at the moment I have 2- 68 fastbacks, 1- 67 fastback and a 68 coupe and lots of parts if you are looking for something.

Not trying to pass off a 100 point resto Hemi car, just personal preference! The guy is a retired factory rep with original stamps for when they had to replace engines under warranty, I also worked for mopar for 16 years. thanks

Thanks, I know a guy that can fix the vin pad stampings, and sorry that is out of my price range at the moment. This is the 2nd 68- 383- 4spd fastback barracuda I have owned, the 1st one I sold about 10 years ago and regretted it ever since! at the moment I have 2- 68 fastbacks, 1- 67 fastback and a 68 coupe and lots of parts if you are looking for something.
T.M.I. just sayin...not implying you would pass it off as numbers, but if the car ever gets sold the next buyer should know what you did so he doesn't think he hit paydirt.....:-k

Its not fraud unless you are trying to pass it off for something it is not, would you say it was not right if the motor had been warrantied in 1968 and the numbers had been put on a new block? It is a factory 383 4 Speed car that has been a race car for 40 years the original block has long been blown up. It don't really matter becouse I'm not fixing it to sell and its not going back original. Just would kinda like a date code correct block to build a stroker out of.

warranty blocks don't have vins they have a special tag i worked for chrysler for 30 years and what your talking about doing is fraud and i would not let you do that to my block coodluck in your search

If you go back to my post you will see I said " I know a guy that can fix the vin pad" word is CAN! did not say WAS! Guess its a good thing IM NOT GOING TO BUY YOUR BLOCK!!!! Also I guess the dealerships you were at did it differant becouse I just talk to my friend who retired from Chrysler and he said he had the stamps for that reason.

yea...I wouldnt be advertising that kind of behavior....Just sayin
Not trying to pass off a 100 point resto Hemi car, just personal preference! The guy is a retired factory rep with original stamps for when they had to replace engines under warranty, I also worked for mopar for 16 years. thanks

when someone decides to purchace the car, and I'm "Just sayin" who's gonna step up and admit their have been new numbers put onto the block??? charector is doin the right thing when nobody is looking......
Its not fraud unless you are trying to pass it off for something it is not, would you say it was not right if the motor had been warrantied in 1968 and the numbers had been put on a new block? It is a factory 383 4 Speed car that has been a race car for 40 years the original block has long been blown up. It don't really matter becouse I'm not fixing it to sell and its not going back original. Just would kinda like a date code correct block to build a stroker out of.

It is not for sale, I was just looking for a block and all this blew up. I did not say I was gonna change the numbers I just stated I knew somone that could.

It was mentioned By 65val about the vin not by me. I was just stating a fact and it is fishy. Its a BARRACUDA! LOL

The complete back end is cut out of it and it has been a race car for a long time. Why would I be worried about a vin number? I would just like to have a 67-68 block that will bore .030, THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back