Wanted: 68 Barracuda rear deck fish emblem (swimmer)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

blufie

Cuda Affecianado
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Still looking for a nice single barracuda fish emblem for a 1968 deck lid. This is apparently unique to 1968 and goes below and left of the Barracuda script emblem. The part does not have to be NOS nice, but do want a nice driver or local show quality part.

PM me with part details and send any pics to [email protected] .

Thanks for any help.

While the pin placement is unique to the 68 decklid, the 69 passenger front fender fish is the exact same size: 3-5/8", orientation: swimming to the right, and shape. The only difference is the pin in the tail end is about 1/8" closer to the tail end. The other pin is in the same location. Mopar pn 2963656.

While the pin placement is unique to the 68 decklid, the 69 passenger front fender fish is the exact same size: 3-5/8", orientation: swimming to the right, and shape. The only difference is the pin in the tail end is about 1/8" closer to the tail end. The other pin is in the same location. Mopar pn 2963656.

Thanks for the info! I was pretty sure it was the same size but had not done any math on whether it could be adapted to the 68 decklid.

Do you know if the 67 PN-2785320 is also same size?

I plan to use one of these on a custom dash panel so may just try for 2 and see if I can make it work. Don't mind modifying the tail panel as long as the old hole is covered. Thanks again.

67 PN-2785320 is 4-1/2" so it wont work for the decklid. Also the "fish in circles" are 3-5/8" long as is the swimmer on the 69 tail panel and the 69 driver side fish but the last 2 are facing the other way.
Can you tell I have too much free time? :shock: :-D

When mine went missing I molded one from the hood, cut off the circle and stuck it on it looks ok from a couple of feet away and I used some chrome paint on it , to fix it on I used some thin double sided tape used for fixing badges on modern cars I was wondering if year one did any ???????

Here's a repro hood fish with the circle removed. I just attached it with one nut and cover the other hole. There's a light "mistake" on the fish tail's area where the circle was attached. Hope this helps.

barracuda 3.jpg

Most of the emblems are available new from Year One. As i get an extra buck I have been replacing them one by one on my car.

i've got a couple laying around. i know one that i've got is pretty nice. $20 shipping pd. rob in mn. 218-575-2657

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back