Wanted 69 Barracuda Formula S hood

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Aboard, The 73-75 dart uses the same hood as the 69 barracuda. formula-s hood on 69 was the same as standard hood.

Yup, like Rocky_JS said. The Formula S hood for 69 is the same as the standard hood. Other than some under structure changes, it's also the same as the Dart hood for several years.

Yup, like Rocky_JS said. The Formula S hood for 69 is the same as the standard hood. Other than some under structure changes, it's also the same as the Dart hood for several years.

Just to reiterate ... the later Dart hood is the same except for the bracing underneath.

Looking for a stock steel Formula S hood.
Got 3 of them WITH the fish emblem. VERY nice all of them. No rust. $150 per.

Might be able to bring one to Mn. this coming weekend if prepaid and serious. Pix if needed.

Got 3 of them WITH the fish emblem. VERY nice all of them. No rust. $150 per.

Might be able to bring one to Mn. this coming weekend if prepaid and serious. Pix if needed.

69 Didn't have a Barracuda emblem on the hood. Do you have 67-68 hoods? If so, they are not the same.

69 Didn't have a Barracuda emblem on the hood. Do you have 67-68 hoods? If so, they are not the same.
Also have three otheres with the inserts. 2 with and the other missing its inserts. One each, one with the fake bolt heads and one the other style. Abit pitted each but the hoods are neal nice.

Also have three otheres with the inserts. 2 with and the other missing its inserts. One each, one with the fake bolt heads and one the other style. Abit pitted each but the hoods are neal nice.

As said above all 69 cuda hoods are the same...and NONE of the 69 cuda hoods had emblems/inserts/fins etc. OTHER than "Plymouth" on the front.

I want one that has the inserts on top, will that fit on a 69? or are the 67-68 hoods different from 69. The hood I have is plain on top and like the look of the other style if it will work

You are looking for a 67-8 hood has "fish in the ring" emblem and the hood inserts. 1967 inserts all have a slots. 1968 could come with a standard insert or a 340-s, 383-s insert. Both 67-8 hoods are the same.
You can change to 67-8 from 69 but will also have to the change the header panel and surrounds/grilles to 67-8 as these hoods do not have a rise in the center as the 69 does.

I want one that has the inserts on top, will that fit on a 69? or are the 67-68 hoods different from 69. The hood I have is plain on top and like the look of the other style if it will work

Like mentioned, You will need the front end off a 67-68 (minus bumper and fenders).

This will be HUGELY expensive and finding a grille set may not be easy.

On your side, however, 69 grills, in good condition sell for an *** load.

Are yours any good? If so that will help cover the cost.

In my opinion...... This would be the best approach if you want a performance hood. Get the scoops that came on a 69 Cuda.

Link to one place that sells them:
http://restorationpartssource.com/store/product101782.html#101782

Pic of what they look like: (pic ripped off from another FABO member)

Attachments

• '69 340 'cuda FB, '70 6pak BEE 012 @50%.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 293
OR you could graft the 67-68 bulges and inserts onto your 69 hood. Might look ok, might not...

So you guys are telling this hood is not stock.

Attachments

• DSC00948.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 210
It has 68 inserts but yes it is a 69 hood,Look close it has the V in the middle and no emblem. Not fiberglass but a steel hood from 1969
That hood is not stock on a 69. the hood pictured is for a 67-8 and the inserts are for a 68.

It has 68 inserts but yes it is a 69 hood,Look close it has the V in the middle and no emblem. Not fiberglass but a steel hood from 1969

Looks like a 67-68 hood to me with the style lines extending forward of the inserts.

I don't see anything about it that says 69.

Looks like a 67-68 hood to me with the style lines extending forward of the inserts.

I don't see anything about it that says 69.

He's right. That is a 67/68 hood with 68 standard inserts. It might have been fitted to a 69 Barracuda, but it would have looked odd, because the nose panel of the 69 has a ridge in the center that sticks up, and the hood shown is flat in this area.

See attached.

Attachments

• 69hood0013.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 69nose0015.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 67hood0007.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 67nose20024.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 164
The car that the hood is leaning on is the car the hood came off of.It is a 69 383 formula s .Hear are some pictures of the car.What do you think I would take a 68 hood and lean it up against a 69 being the same color.It is a 69 hood and a 69 car.When I am at the car I will take some close up pictures for you blind people. Also it may be at carlisle for sale and you can come and see for self.Mark

Attachments

• DSC00946.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC00950.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00944.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00945.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 163
The car that the hood is leaning on is the car the hood came off of.It is a 69 383 formula s .Hear are some pictures of the car.What do you think I would take a 68 hood and lean it up against a 69 being the same color.It is a 69 hood and a 69 car.When I am at the car I will take some close up pictures for you blind people. Also it may be at carlisle for sale and you can come and see for self.Mark

Take some good pics of the hood.

That hood could be a 69 hood heavily modified to look like a 67-68.

or

That hood could be a 67-68 hood modified to fit a 69.

But whatever it is, it's not what a stock 69 hood looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back