Wanted A Body A883 4 peed transmission

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't locate one the long tail shaft unit from a B/E body will work just fine in an A-body, I have one in my 68 Barracuda.

You will need to shorten the drive shaft and make a mounting plate that bolts to the rear mount and positions the shifter forward and to the drivers side. I used 1/2" alumium plate to make mine. Everything else is a direct bolt in.

dgc333 said:
If you don't locate one the long tail shaft unit from a B/E body will work just fine in an A-body, I have one in my 68 Barracuda.

You will need to shorten the drive shaft and make a mounting plate that bolts to the rear mount and positions the shifter forward and to the drivers side. I used 1/2" alumium plate to make mine. Everything else is a direct bolt in.

Thanks DGC333. I was thinking about that also.

Longgone said:
Where are you located?

Central Massachusetts

70dartman said:
I've got one listed in the car parts section

Thanks, I'll check it out

I am having a kiesler 5spd put into my 68 Barracuda right now. My car was originally a 318 Automatic car. When I bought it in '87 someone was trying to make a 68 Formula S clone out of it. So I bought it with a 340 and a A-833 in it. It has a 8 3/4 rear. It use to have drums all the way around, now it has disks on all 4. I was going to sell the 340 and A-833 as a package, to build a sweet motor. But I'm not sure what I want for a motor yet????
:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back