**Wanted: Carter AFB jet #66 - .033" - old, tall style**

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, I need a primary jet for a 1967 273 Commando Carter AFB #4295S 4-bbl carb, . The jet number is #66-.033, jet stamped "489", which is a .089 jet, and it's the older, tall style one. If you have one, please contact me.

TIA.

i'll take a look though my collection tomorrow and see what I have, I try to save all the 3-step stuff i come across, but will look if i have them.

Rocky...I'd appreciate that. I was cleaning out the carb from my Dart...managed to get one primary jet out, and, wouldn't you know it, the other one stuck. I finally had to drill it out, so now I need a replacement.

Thanks!

damned if i didn't have the exact same problem when I redid the afb on my 67. They are a ***** to drill also it is very tight in that passage.

damned if i didn't have the exact same problem when I redid the afb on my 67. They are a ***** to drill also it is very tight in that passage.

X2 Rocky....I had to pull that little soft plug out of the bottom of the casting to get all of the shavings out....at least I HOPE i got 'em all! I tried an "Easy-Out" first, but it just snapped off...big help that!!!

Thanks again for checking your stash!

Val, out of curiosity what are the metering rod numbers you have? and have you mic'ed the 3 steps? I keep a chart, the 2 step stuff is very documented but not so with the 3-step stuff.

I did find a pair of tall ones came off a 66 273 AFB, but are marked unreadable. I will see if I can get an orifice measurement. The tall ones are the replacement jet/rods for 3-step.

Val, out of curiosity what are the metering rod numbers you have? and have you mic'ed the 3 steps? I keep a chart, the 2 step stuff is very documented but not so with the 3-step stuff.

Rocky...My metering rod number is "16-165" on both rods. I didn't mike them but I found out that they are .0635 x .060 x .053. I measured the rods with a number-drill template I have and the rods are very close to those measurements. The jets I have are "489"'s, which I understand are .089. I passed a .089 drill through the jet, a bit sloppy, but I think correct. According to the '67 Chrysler service manual, the jets are correct but they list the rods as "16-405". Not sure why.

I did find a pair of tall ones came off a 66 273 AFB, but are marked unreadable. I will see if I can get an orifice measurement. The tall ones are the replacement jet/rods for 3-step.

Cool!...I appreciate it!...(crossed fingers)

ok, that is what i thought i read on the the jet was 489. so looks like we in business.
shoot me a pm with name and mailing address i'll get one off to you. I have the 16-405 rods also but using them. i know there were a couple of rod options to go rich or lean. perhaps the ones you have are for that?

i know there were a couple of rod options to go rich or lean. perhaps the ones you have are for that?

According to my '67 service manual, 1 step lean from 16-405 is 16-408 (.0705x.068x.058) and 2 steps lean is 16-447, so I don't know where these 16-165's came from. I thought they were the originals in the carb when I bought it.

-
Back