Wanted (chrome) gas cap for Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three different caps for Dusters: '70 49-state + Canada, '71 50-state/Canada + '70 California, and '72-'76 50-state/Canada. Which does your car need?

I have a primered 72+ OE cap....Not Chrome....but not STANT either.
Good O-ring....totally useable.....$30 shipped

No pics.

Three different caps for Dusters: '70 49-state + Canada, '71 50-state/Canada + '70 California, and '72-'76 50-state/Canada. Which does your car need?

Car's a '71 but has had a lot changed before I got it. Are the differences noticeable? I can take measurements, pics of fill tube. (Left the supid thing on pump 2 weeks ago, now no cap!:angryfir: )

I have chrome caps from later dusters also, but they probably won't fit. $10.00 shipped. like new available at auto zone. Steve

Well I see two things wrong You have a swinger/scamp fill tube on a Duster. Second your tube on a 70-71 should be on the inside of the quarter you have it sliding in from the outside. You will have to try a cap and see what fits, good luck. Your choice of fasteners is not very consistant either so what ever works would be good enough. Steve

I got one,not sure it will fit,heres acouple pics,located in ohio,$30 shipped

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKiUE0jQGnNDjBNWwJSWDGQ~~_12.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 116
  • $(KGrHqYOKnUE1OjcYQmiBNWwJYsVkw~~_12.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 137
The '67-'70 (non-California) and '72-'76 caps are still parts store items. The '70 California + '71 cap is the "rotsa ruck"/almost impossible to find item.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I found one that'll work at the parts store,($5.00) not as beffy & cool as my orginal one but it works. I put the tube back in like it was,& the old cap fit perfectly, I see what Oldmanmopar means the new one sticks out a little, I'll have to redo that, the fasteners, I just wanted to drive it! I'll fix those while I'm at it :)
Thanks again everyone!

Hows this gas cap for 5 bucks?

Attachments

• new gas cap.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back