-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Contact seller
Need a complete front disc brake swap for the 66 signet. Is there such a thing? Thought the Formula S cars had 'em....... Gotta do this. Need to stop quicker! Commuting is awful with manual drums. Email me, [email protected] with any help. HUGE thank you in advance!!!!

Staying small bolt limits you. $$ for a kit to do so. Going big bolt allows you to upgrade to a single piston, 73+ mopar setup. That conversion can be done for ~ $350 - $400 or so. but you'll have to be willing to find the parts.

I'm selling spindles, shields, UCAs, prop valve in the for sale section. You'd have to buy rotors, hardware, hose and a MC. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=90193

Mike

OK so I can upgrade to big bolt- I'll use my small bolt rallyes on the '65. Should I swap the whole rear axle or can I simply upgrade the rear drums and hubs?

Here are a few choices,
1. Swap out the rear for a newer one, swapping the whole rear end gives you bigger newer style rear brakes which are also cheaper.

2. have your rear axles and drums drilled for the big bolt pattern (put bolts in from the back side of the axle, not regular studs, then you don't have to drill such a big hole and you will have enough meat... issue is, when it comes time for new brake drums, you'll have to have them drilled as well.....

3. you can run adapters but that can mess up your backspacing on the rear wheels...

4. Run BBP in front and SBP in rear.... hmmm which spare to carry....

I've done several Early A swaps; here is what I do:

Up Front: 73+ slider disk brake rotors, spindles, calipers, hoses, MC, prop. valve and UCAs (lower CA can stay)

Out Back: A body 8.75 with later A/B/F/J/M 10x2.5 drum brakes with LBP axles (tell mfr. what brakes you have before ordereing). OR 73+ 7.25 or 8.25 rear complete.

15x6 or 7s up front. 15x7 out back. If a Dart Sport or duster, 15x8s.

ok I gather you already have 14 inch rallyes although small bolt pattern.
The kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes found on formula S and others can be had and are the only choise for the purist even though K-H isn't mopar. They made brakes for others too including Ford.
If affordable better stop is your only need Scarebird Mechanical is my recommended route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back