partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
WANTED: FLIP TOP GAS CAP LOCK --- BARRACUDA/CHARGER

All sold out everywhere. :BangHead: Getting ready to race my Cuda and need to lock the GAS CAP.
Don't wanna tow on an open trailer without one.

If anyone has an extra new or used one, please contact us.
Extra key not necessary, as equipped.
Little rust or corrosion not a problem, as long as it works! :rolleyes:

THANKS.

flip top gas cap LOCK.JPG

You don't state what year 'cuda but I believe there's a difference between vented and non-vented years.

WANTED: FLIP TOP GAS CAP LOCK --- BARRACUDA/CHARGER

All sold out everywhere. :BangHead: Getting ready to race my Cuda and need to lock the GAS CAP.
Don't wanna tow on an open trailer without one.

If anyone has an extra new or used one, please contact us.
Extra key not necessary, as equipped.
Little rust or corrosion not a problem, as long as it works! :rolleyes:

THANKS.

View attachment 1715991458

New one on Ebay right now. Not cheap!!

Maybe contact them directly ???

AMS Obsolete

1664380125859.png

RD-25881, Locking Fuel Cap, Original part # 2825 881...this is a reproduction...in stock and ready to ship....

$89.00 plus $14.00 S/H

1664382514128.png

Can somebody post a picture of this locking cap in place? I'm having trouble figuring out how the flip top closes once it is installed...

Can somebody post a picture of this locking cap in place? I'm having trouble figuring out how the flip top closes once it is installed...
This is the only lock that works for the 67-9 Cuda and 68 69 Charger. Won't fit any other flip top gas cap.
They sell another that looks like a basic gas cap lock, but you have to remove your spring for it to work, which of course, they don't tell you before you purchase.

They are nice but my concern would be someone tampering with and jamming it up. I had one in my 2002 Dodge Ram when I lived in Reno and had a helluva time getting it open after someone fk'd with it. The one for my Ram was different and wasn't recessed, more like the factory cap and it just spun. Went in the dumpster.

They are nice but my concern would be someone tampering with and jamming it up. I had one in my 2002 Dodge Ram when I lived in Reno and had a helluva time getting it open after someone fk'd with it. The one for my Ram was different and wasn't recessed, more like the factory cap and it just spun. Went in the dumpster.
So the lock did it's job and saved you from total ruination.
Sure beats somebody dumping sugar in your tank cuz they're jealous of your Mopar.
Gonna take full advantage to protect my Mopar at all cost. Towing on an open trailer can be risky, especially nowadays.
Someone once poured epoxy or super glue in one of our storage facility gate locks. 10 people moping around and bitchin about not getting in. Got out the propane torch and melted it enough to stick the key in. NEXT!

So the lock did it's job and saved you from total ruination.
Sure beats somebody dumping sugar in your tank cuz they're jealous of your Mopar.
Gonna take full advantage to protect my Mopar at all cost. Towing on an open trailer can be risky, especially nowadays.
Someone once poured epoxy or super glue in one of our storage facility gate locks. 10 people moping around and bitchin about not getting in. Got out the propane torch and melted it enough to stick the key in. NEXT!
Yeah so they broke the window. Guess they had to have some small victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back