Wanted! fold up Engine Hoist in WI, or Chicagoland?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

myasylum

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I only want to spend around $100.00 or so for a fold up one. I only have a one bay garage.
If someone needs to get rid of theirs let me know!

I'll be in Bloomingdale, IL next Sat, or Sun. So I'd be in that area around then.

Thanks!

Have you tried cragslist? I see them listed here all of the time for about that range. And like 65barracudadude said you can get 1 pretty cheap, try Harbor frieght. Good luck!

I haven't found any for $175.00. The cheapest I found was $225.00 at Autozone. I wish I could find one on sale or beat up in a box or something.

I've been looking on Craigslist. One was $250.00 used. One other that didn't fold down. I was still tempted but I don't think I have the room.

As far as ordering it online, I have found some for cheaper but then shipping jacks up the price $100.00!

I'll be picking up my motor next weekend, hopefully something falls into place, and I don't mean the engine on my foot!

I don't know?

Thanks for caring! :)

I know that you only want to spend around 100. dollars.Google Northern Tools ,look up item number 144444.That's the stand I used for my 340.Hope this helps.

You don't have any buds that will loan you theirs? That's what I did...I'm a cheap scape bastard!

No. my only friend that has one, I haven't heard from.
I've ask! Trust me!
I did find a Harbor Frieght in West Allis that is somewhat close to me. I may just have to suck it up and buy a new one. It looks nice.
However Shipping said it was only $11.00! I might as well just have them deliver it to the door! Does $11.00 sound right?!?!!?

Thanks guys!

You don't have any buds that will loan you theirs? That's what I did...I'm a cheap scape bastard!
Damn you must be my brother-in-laws long lost twin! lol Always coming over to borrow mine (2-ton NON fold up so its not exactly fun hauling around) which isnt a problem until I want it back and have to go PICK IT UP!! lol

No. my only friend that has one, I haven't heard from.
I've ask! Trust me!
I did find a Harbor Frieght in West Allis that is somewhat close to me. I may just have to suck it up and buy a new one. It looks nice.
However Shipping said it was only $11.00! I might as well just have them deliver it to the door! Does $11.00 sound right?!?!!?

Thanks guys!

$11.00 dang that's cheap........ you better jump on that!

Damn you must be my brother-in-laws long lost twin! lol Always coming over to borrow mine (2-ton NON fold up so its not exactly fun hauling around) which isnt a problem until I want it back and have to go PICK IT UP!! lol

My friends is a 2-ton non fold up... Heavy!! I borrowed it along with his trailer to haul it! LOL!

His cylinder was leaking so I went bought a new one and installed on there. He told me that it was leaking when I came and borrowed so that was my fair warning. I used it to install my motor AND headers. Took a thick logging chain and lifted the entire front end up by the k-member with the motor installed and slid the headers in each side from underneath the car. Kids don't try this at home!

Just to let people know what Happened, and for future inquirers. I called the Freight Harbor store, and they were on sale!! I picked one up a 1 ton for $129.00 new!! I have to put it together though.
And to think someone on Craigslist was selling theirs for $250.00 used!

Thanks guys!

Congrats on finding your lift.

I noticed you said its a one ton.

SO that brings me to my question --- is a two ton really needed or wil la one ton work just fine for engines?

I guess aside from lifting the whole front end of the car it should be , right?

A one ton is all you'll need for engines. I use a 1 ton to pull both engine and tranny together.

AdamR: That's a good deal.

Yea, that is a good deal! Thats exactly what I was looking for too!
Not that I could pick it up or anything anyway?!?

From what I gather a small block is 650lbs and 1 ton = 2000lbs.
So a 1 ton hoist should be plenty. I don't think a tranny weighs over 1000lbs!
I hope not at least. I was even tempted to use a pully onto a beam on the garage, but I thought that might be a little dangerous to try :) tempted though... :munky2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back