Wanted: Pics of 68 Barracuda Emblems

-

440brew

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of the quarter panel and trunk lid emblems for a 68 barracuda. My car orginally came with a 340 but was not Forumla S, and it is a fastback!

I may be mistaken but I believe the 340 engine option was only available with the Formula S option. This was also true of the 383 engine. Otherwise you could get a 318 or the 225 slant. But I could be wrong.

68 Barracuda fastback emblem assortment...

DSC04439.JPG

left side fishes- front fenders
Barracuda script- front fenders and decklid(I think)
right side smaller fish- decklid only 68 only
fish in circle- hood 67 and 68

The fifth number on the vin is a letter "P", which according to the Year One Book lists a 340 for 1968 and 1969!

Does this automatically make it a Formula S? My hood does not have the "Forumla S" on the inserts. Of course that is just the way it was when I got it!

Yup, like the guys said the 340 and 383 were the only engines offered with the Formula-S package in `68. A lot of things can happen over 40 years though, engine replacements, fenders changed, dashboards swapped out, etc. If that 5th letter is a P in the VIN then chances are you`ve got a Formula-S car. Does the car have a front sway bar, dual cut out`s on the rear valance, 10" drum or disc brakes?

Post up some pics...

You know It has been 40 years. Lets say, back in 75 the car was in a front ender that required a new hood and fenders....

Lots of things can happen. Do you still have the fender tag?

You may have more than you were thinking.

IMG_0089.jpg

You betcha Jimcuda, this is great news. what is the difference in the two emblems you posted. One seems bigger than the other?

Should be 2 3/8th" for your car.

Mounting studs are top and bottom.... Some (not sure if they are 67 or 69 have the studs on each side. So I have been told..) 68 does not have one on the rear.

You betcha Jimcuda, this is great news. what is the difference in the two emblems you posted. One seems bigger than the other?

they are both the same, optical illusion :-D
Pins top and bottom, PN 2579443.
I believe they are 66 and up emblems, I was told the 65 had pins side to side. Could be from a 67, 68 or 69 as I've owned those years, but the 69 is a 383 'Cuda so I know they arent from that one :toothy10:

-
Back