-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfttmuscle

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a functioning rear deck lid support for my 1965 Barracuda,I have found a few at the junk yards but they all seam to be broken. Please pm if you have any ideas or have one Thank you

Welcome to FABO! Are you looking for the trunk lid prop? Is yours the spring loaded type or ratchet type?

I should have an extra 64/early 65 prop (ratchet type)

Mid/late 65 and 66 use the spring loaded prop.

I should have an extra 64/early 65 prop (ratchet type)

Mid/late 65 and 66 use the spring loaded prop.

Im not sure ,it appears to be the racket type and for now I have to stick a nail thru it to keep it up, let me know how much and I am sure I would be a buyer and thank you for reading my post

A ratchet type will have a mounting post top and bottom.....the spring type will have a hole for hooks.

A ratchet type will have a mounting post top and bottom.....the spring type will have a hole for hooks.

Mine appears to be the ratchet type because I see now where where springs would have been mounted ,it appears that you would raise the trunk and something similar to a ratchet would lock trunk lid up until it is pushed to lower, thanks for all the help I have received.:newb:

Mine appears to be the ratchet type because I see now where where springs would have been mounted ,it appears that you would raise the trunk and something similar to a ratchet would lock trunk lid up until it is pushed to lower, thanks for all the help I have received.:newb:

The ratchet type is mounted on the right side of the trunk with a bracket spot welded to the trunk lid and another on the side of the trunk jam. The spring type goes on the left side of the trunk.

I pm'd you my phone number, call me and I'll dig up what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back