Wanted - Set of Electric Exhaust Cutouts

-

KP

Reaction score
I am looking for a new or used set of Electric Exhaust Cutouts (Dumps)

If you have a matching set that you are looking to sell please contact me and/or email me photos and price

Thank You...

717-515-7232
[email protected]

bought mine from Doug's they come in all the popular exhaust sizes in my search thought theirs was the best you could buy. It has a knife blade design so they do not leak when closed

This was my wife's idea to install them so she was OK with the $500 for them

109.jpg

the y pipes are $30.08 for 2.5" (ea) and $33.42 for 3",and the electric cut-outs (all race ready performance) are $324.55 for the 2.5"(pair in complete kit) and $342.10 for the 3"....and thats with lifetime warranty,and still in the latest mopac flyer

I keep looking on my doorstep too, but no one is giving away a set over here either. 8)

I'll probably cough up the $300-odd dollars for a pair next winter. From time to time a set shows up on e-Bay, but again, no one is giving them away. I've thought about trying to make a set from Infiniti traction control solenoids from an early 90's Q-45. They are nothing more than a throttle block that closes off the air intake... effectively cutting back the engines power. I was thinking they could block the exhaust.

I have to look into this....

I am still looking for a new or used set of Electric Exhaust Cutouts (Dumps)

If you have a matching set that you are looking to sell please contact me and/or email me photos and price

Thank You...

717-515-7232
[email protected]

Still Hoping To Find...

I am looking for a new or used set of Electric Exhaust Cutouts (Dumps)

Thank You...

717-515-7232
[email protected]

Do you guys have the Doug's # for what you want? I can check with my friend that has a direct account with them and see what I can do. Let me know.

Would you mind telling me why you will spend that much money for these? They won't make any HP over a good exhaust system. Other than making things loud occasionally, I don't see the use. I could see 40 years ago when the exhaust systems were junk, but not now. enlighten me. You could put dumps that have 2 bolts holding the covers on that could be undone in like 2 minutes for about $25.

I Am Still Looking For A Used Set Of These.

I remember the issue of MM that i first saw your ride in the back in the readers rides section. I'm 57 and i want a set of those cut outs also. Don't need to do any unboltin when the time comes.

Would you mind telling me why you will spend that much money for these? They won't make any HP over a good exhaust system. Other than making things loud occasionally, I don't see the use. I could see 40 years ago when the exhaust systems were junk, but not now. enlighten me. You could put dumps that have 2 bolts holding the covers on that could be undone in like 2 minutes for about $25.

2 minutes to unbolt, 10 seconds open for you

My wife wanted them so when we pull in shows or cruise night to open them

They are not for power or trips to the drag strip were 2 minutes in pits is no big deal. It is cool to be going down the interstate at 70 mph and be able to open the headers

Let's see, JUST FOR SHOWING OFF, I think that say's it all

the y pipes are $30.08 for 2.5" (ea) and $33.42 for 3",and the electric cut-outs (all race ready performance) are $324.55 for the 2.5"(pair in complete kit) and $342.10 for the 3"....and thats with lifetime warranty,and still in the latest mopac flyer

Muller, I know you posted this almost 8 months ago but what is the Mopac flyer? Can you give us some additional info on that?

-
Back