Wanted Traction Bars

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
technically, you don't need them. mopar rear axles are forward of center by about 4 inches compared to a chevy. we don't get axle/wheel hop like they do. the better springs are built up in the front area to avoid axles windup.

You had one from the factory called a pinion snubber.

Ever wonder why these things aren't seen much any more? They were a pain to make work right. Better solutions exist.

Summit sells them still if you are going for "that 70's car" look.

Yea i was told that they won't work on mopars either,They only cost about 40 dollars new.Have you clamped the front of your leaf springs? that helped on mine made it qiut wheelhopping

You had one from the factory called a pinion snubber.

Ever wonder why these things aren't seen much any more? They were a pain to make work right. Better solutions exist.

Summit sells them still if you are going for "that 70's car" look.

My Dana 60 does not have a factory pinion snubber.

Yea i was told that they won't work on mopars either,They only cost about 40 dollars new.Have you clamped the front of your leaf springs? that helped on mine made it qiut wheelhopping

What is clamped the front of the leaf springs?

The design of the rear leaf springs is so that you don't need any traction bars. The front segment measures 20" and the rear segment measures either 35 or 36" with more spring rate in the front segment. That puts the axle very far forward on the spring, thus minimizing any spring wrap-up under hard acceleration. They also are designed with a left and right spring to compensate for the torque roll from the engine at the launch. I've never used them on my NHRA stock eliminator race car and it launches hard with the factory S/S springs and an adjustable pinion snubber. It could be that your springs are just tired. They don't last forever. Just 2 cents.

Ken
Edison, NJ

ive got a set for 45.00 plus shipping they look just like them i had them on my 68 cuda drag car with a 8 3/4 rear they bolted to the u bolts you do away with the shock plate the shock bolt to them too mike 931 788 2873

ive got a set for 45.00 plus shipping they look just like them i had them on my 68 cuda drag car with a 8 3/4 rear they bolted to the u bolts you do away with the shock plate the shock bolt to them too mike 931 788 2873

That is Great!

I Just Private Messaged you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back