-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar head

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I`m looking for a full tint, in good shape, no chips, wiper scratches, fogging etc. I believe some valiants, 67-69 may also work? Or a link or info to a supplier of reasonably priced new glass. Also who is the best fitting supplier of 68-69 style windshield and backglass gaskets? Thanks. ships to 25430 I also heard of two different tints? solid info on this would be appreciated8)

I've got a couple that I will be bringing to Chryslers at Carlisle in July. I am located in SE Georgia (Savannah), but I'd rather not ship.

Safelite installed mine today.68 Dart had tint like the original one they took out.

Safelite installed mine today.68 Dart had tint like the original one they took out.

Have you found a windshield yet? If not let me know- easier to email directly at [email protected]. I have a couple, but not sure of tint situation. I live near Frederick MD, but travel to Keyser WV every couple months and could bring windshield save you shipping
I will make you a good deal, but I think in the long run you are better to get a new one- I am pretty sure you can locate them.... Gib

I suppose you know that a 40+ yr old windshield will be sand pitted to the point you can see out of it. I saw one of the new Camaros following within 15 feet of a huge dually truck a couple days ago. What an idiot. LOL
Anyway... The factory tint of the era was green and can look unatractive with some paint colors.
I might be wrong but I think the term "full tint" refers to those factory a/c cars that had all the glass tinted rather than the tinted windshield alone.

Are they that hard to find? A glass shop out here supplied and installed one in my 67 D-100 P/U for $185.00. I supplied the gasket.

I suppose you know that a 40+ yr old windshield will be sand pitted to the point you can see out of it. I saw one of the new Camaros following within 15 feet of a huge dually truck a couple days ago. What an idiot. LOL
Anyway... The factory tint of the era was green and can look unatractive with some paint colors.
I might be wrong but I think the term "full tint" refers to those factory a/c cars that had all the glass tinted rather than the tinted windshield alone.
yeah, redfish, my car is non ac, but full tint. cali. car, supposedly? It looks a blueish green. and if this is not reproduced, I think it will look like crap not having full tint or partial tint. and yes its soooooo sandblasted:angry7: and damage was done when I bought it.

I really like my new windshield,dude the only way to go.
do you have full tint? did they offer full tint? wonder if it matches NOS? was it thick as old glass? I can deal with a slight shade different I guess. what was cost of glass by itself? if you don`t mind. I guess I`ll call the local glass companys, I figured these would be obsolete?8) Thanks to all responders!

If you want all the mopar markings,that costs extra.I just wanted one that fit and was tinted.Around here glass shops wanted $115 for the glass,$100+ for the gasket.My daughter works for safelite in Fla. she got this work done for me here in columbus,ohio.The glass does have the blue green tint to it.

If you want all the mopar markings,that costs extra.I just wanted one that fit and was tinted.Around here glass shops wanted $115 for the glass,$100+ for the gasket.My daughter works for safelite in Fla. she got this work done for me here in columbus,ohio.The glass does have the blue green tint to it.
Thats good news, thanks. My first web search, landed me to a place in wash. state. they wanted 300. and aprox. 200 ship. I cringed and stopped there. lol8) BTW hows it look, gasket and all? and have you doused it with water yet? power wash?

Looks great.Installer tech was a motorhead,wanted to use original gasket,he removed it so he could reuse it.He said the original would fit better than aftermarket.I wanted new rubber gasket.new gasket was used,looks fine.The install looks great.Have not washed yet.

Thanks, price sounds very reasonable. I have a few Safelites in our area, well, 30 mi. or so. I`ll have to give em a call. you oughta power wash to simulate a gully washer, in case you ever get caught in one. lol before warrenty runs out. something I failed to do when a guy did my old ferd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back