Wanting a tilt car trailer...what do you have?

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hello. I keep eyeballing tilt car trailers and I think I really want one. I will be using it for transporting a few different vehicles, but mainly my '68 A-body. I'd like it to be stout enough to haul a 3/4 ton truck at least, maybe a 1 ton...

Things I'd like: 20 foot in length, 8 lug axles, 16 inch wheels, multiple mounting points, stake pockets, winch mount, LED lighting, deck lights for night, etc.

The pull vehicle is my 2002 RAM 2500 24V Cummins long bed.

What do you guys have? I like these kwik load roll back trailers...

Texas Kwik Load 10,000# Trailers

I can't afford anything anywhere near that fancy. My old trailer had been bought in the Navy in San Diego in the early seventies, and was getting VERY "beat."

This was my old "then" trailer a few years ago, much"ly" beat and much modified, with my Unca Bill RIP

14d1p9j.jpg

I bought a used "Fox" built here locally for about half new cost, but it was much MUCH taller. So I made it into a "tongue tilt" deal, and that turns out to have been one of my "better" ideas. Very first "job" was loading up a shell with no suspension

"Thanks" to the new software I seem to be unable to bring up the original thread

_mg_7235cs-jpg.1714724787

2h66b5y.jpg

2zdyqsp.jpg

Not really a tilting bed, rather, the entire trailer tilts off the tongue. But it works....just fine

2l8u2xe.jpg

your uncle Bill was a brave man, hauling a trailer on sheets of ice like that

your uncle Bill was a brave man, hauling a trailer on sheets of ice like that

That wasn't ice, it was "slush" and the highways were clear. That was in town, residential, and the city had not done so good clearing the road. So it melted more slowly He wasn't towing it, I was, LOL. I just stopped by "their place" on the way out to what had been Mom and Dad's

I took the Cletrac up one day and plowed it out, then left it there and brought the trailer back empty, and hauled the old LC up the next day or two

Doesn't look like it here, but there was LOTS of snow on the lane to the barn

20adv8j.jpg

gotcha

I saw the reflection of your uncle on the street, as well as the reflection of the trailer wheels and it looked like any mid winter Michigan street ive ever driven on

Very nice but a little surprised there is no shock system to slow the tilt.

Okay something to look into. thank you C. I was looking at those as well, but the lack of shock system to slow the tilt has me wondering.. Been reading all kinds. Hard to choose. I'm still leaning toward that Sloan kwik load!

Aluma has some nice ones too.
I'm sure there's plenty of people with trailers here! Post me up!

The front of the JG trailers tilt less than a foot. Very easy to load, both fenders are removable....

Trailer Jim Glo 006.jpg

Trailer Jim Glo 011.jpg

It looks to me like the tilt would be controlled by the forward and rearward speed of the towing vehicle.
The few tilt trailers I have used worked like this. Loaded a Mini excavator on one. Tracks were about 9 feet long so it's weight was more concentrated than a cars would be. Trailer didn't slam into the down position, don't really see why shocks would be needed. Ain't like you are going to hit the trailer going 40mph...

-
Back