Warm Minnesota Winter Still Mowing Grass

-

retractable

Reaction score
I have never had to mow our grass in December. This was taken Dec 3 2016

20161203_124644_resized mowing dec 2016.jpg

LOL, I haven't mowed since late July. No rain = no mow. Just started to get rain about a week ago. I hope the grass is still alive.

I don't know where you're located redfish but I don't think I have mowed my grass since July either. Haven't had enough rain here in Florida to mow it. It just hasn't grown. the battery on my mower is dead I think I've only used it 3 or 4 times this year.

Retractable... I don't know why I even bother cutting it. The grass looks short enough and besides you know the winter snows going to kill it all.

i like to let my grass grow tall enough that it can pollinate itself

Don't worry @retractable it's coming!!!!

Is it just me or does winter and snow arrive later in the year and stay later into Spring than it did when I was younger?? I remember snow in Pennsylvania when I started school around Labor Day.

Sw Minnesota here, just bought another snowmobile, slighly bummed at lack of snow, but happy to be able to do outdoor chores.

This was taken Dec 18 2016 two weeks after the mower picture shown above and in the same location. Temps were 78 degrees lower at -28. BRRRRR

20161219_144330_resized snow blower dec 16.jpg

Ouch!! Quite a change!
been down to 1 here, then 6 a couple of times. supposed to warm up some starting today. have had to blow-rake, and mow leaves 3 times already. will probly have to, a couple more times yet.

Heck we can enjoy the weather changes here by driving a few miles.
Yesterday we where shopping for grub on the hill away from the big lake. It was snowing up on the hill. When got home near the lake it was raining.

In the summer when it's colder down here by the lake. We drive a few miles and it will be hot as hell.

My mom always said around here you had to pack two kind of suits
when you go anywhere around here a swim suit and a snow suit.

Record high temps in Detriot today!!! If it wasn't raining the verts would be out. Come on global warming!

-
Back