Warning!! Dont Buy From Jim's Auto Parts! They Dont Stand Behind Their Products!

-

h340

Reaction score
WARNING!! DONT BUY FROM JIM'S AUTO PARTS! THEY DONT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS! OK here's the story, my parents bought the vent hose kit for my 1969 dodge dart before Christmas. After Christmas my father and I tried many times to install the hoses, they didn’t fit. Not even close. The hoses look like some cheap knockoff and not like the originals (no taper, are huge and have adapters that don’t fit on heater box). So about a day later my father called Jims Auto Parts and explained the problem with the hoses and told them we were past the 30 day return policy. They said it was fine we could just ship them back and credit us (fine sounds good right?). Today I get home from school and my father tells me the hoses came back with a rejection stamp on the box. So my father called them and they said they didn’t recall ever talking to him about the return and the parts were past the 30 day policy. This is BULL!!! So I am stuck with the junk product, and additional shipping charge!!! They don’t stand behind their products, when they are wrong and defective!!!!! Please help me with my motion to boycott JIMS AUTO PARTS, and use restoration parts suppliers who stand behind their products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any support in this matter would be great.
Thank you, from your fellow MOPAR enthusiast
Chris Krumenacker

Sorry,you found out the hard way....NEVER EVER BUY FROM JIMS!!!!!!!!

Well that sure suck's
And thank's for the up date.
glad it was not a big $$$ item.
Don't let this Jims junk get you down,that 69 sure is a nice A bodie

Keep on keepen on. :thumbup:

You know, I really hear that ALOT lately about JIMS, I dealt with them once in the past on a six pack installation kit (they were on backorder everywhere they were the only people in town to have them) and the price was right on. Had no problems but after reading all of this, I think Ill spend my money elsewhere when I need something. Sorry to hear about your dealings with them.....We should really invite them to see our posts and what the "community" thinks about there service/product. I bet there attitude will change real quick! :toothy7:

only thing that will change their attitude quick will be the lack of checks to input into their account at the bank because nobody will buy from them. I for one will avoid any possible future dealings based upon your difficulties.

What would be neat is for you to post this on every Mopar site you can find,and send a email to jim and see how he likes loosing buissness,on every site,Mrmopartech

I've never dealt with Jims, and for sure I never will, unless you get satisfaction from them. You have my full support.

69 Swinger1.JPG

That's just Bull to do a customer like that. Sure sorry to hear it happened to you Chris. I can't remember where I saw it before but I remember reading someone else having problem with Jim's junk also. Rest assured he won't get a dollar of mine.

Thanks for posting your experience (ordeal?) with this company. That's one of the great things about a site like FABO, you can share your personal experiences with others in the hobby, wether they be good or bad.

H340

Sorry to hear about the raw deal from Jim's. I have dealt with them on some small items and been successful but I'll stay clear in the future on any major purchases.

By the way, if you are still in need of a vent hose, I have a NOS one that I believe is for the drivers side defrost duct.

Email me at [email protected]

Ron

Mrmopartech said:
What would be neat is for you to post this on every Mopar site you can find,and send a email to jim and see how he likes loosing buissness,on every site,Mrmopartech

I think every Mopar site has had its share of threads on Jims.

I could tell you a story about The Paddock. It eventually got straightened out to my satisfaction but it took a lot of phone calls and a lot of bitching on my part. It just shouldn't have to be this hard.

I always hate to hear of somebody gettin' screwed like that. Jim's will never get any of my business for sure. Everybody please continue to share their parts buying experiences (good or bad) with your fellow Mopar brothers so all of us can benefit.

Guitar Jones said:
I could tell you a story about The Paddock. It eventually got straightened out to my satisfaction but it took a lot of phone calls and a lot of bitching on my part. It just shouldn't have to be this hard.

I bought alot of parts from Paddock and only had one problem with them,it was over the grease boots for the front suspension for my Duster i ended up cancelling my entire order and haven't bought anything from them since.

thank you all for your support it is great. i did post this on all other mopar forums. except on mopar style i got bad mouthed by a cranky guy and the "form master "and deleted, and the thread got closed (they must be a friend of jims). thank you, you guys are the true mopar enthusiasts!!!

Boy, I just did an order threw them. I hope it goes well. I bought some from heater hosed from Dante's and he said they word and they are wrong too. I'm going to make them work though.

Lee

i bought a quarter patch panel from him.

if I said it was correct, I would be lying. body lines are not right...

but I don't want to **** with trying to return it. and... yeah.

Thank God I decided to go with Monte, Paddock & YO over this bozo when I bought many of the parts for the Dart & Chally.

I don't know what I would have done if I did buy stuff from him & got the ol' screwjob. I guess I would talk to the credit card company & see if they can persuade him to reverse the charges.

well good to hear this. i was going to buy a front disc brake conversion kit from him. now it will look some were else. i don't need to drop 689.95 and get **** on . that would make me one mad mother and he would not like that.

wow thanks for the info i have never delt with jims and after reading this i NEVER WILL im with the boycot of jims!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

-
Back