warning paypal problem

-
I would never let someone other than friends or family come to my house to pick up merchandise I was selling.
I generally trust people, but there are also some genuine nut cases mixed in with the population.

PayPal should now charge him with fraud and you charge him with theft, other than the hassle. Their judgement in your favor basically implies their belief in his guilt.

In any case, good for you.

... Never accept a payment through paypal if they are picking the item up. Unless it is a money transfer. I am out $300.00 and a mint Tuff wheel with adapter and 71 leather horn pad.
Dont link your paypal with your bank account, keep them separate. If you receive payment via paypal, transfer it to your bank account or better yet, withdraw it with your paypal card at a bank ATM as soon as it posts. I have been stiffed and I asked paypal for a refund and they came back saying "there is insufficiant funds in his account to refund you, as soon as there is money in account we can refund you". Well, just play their own game....

PayPal should now charge him with fraud and you charge him with theft, other than the hassle. Their judgement in your favor basically implies their belief in his guilt.

In any case, good for you.
Remember, PP is not a law enforcement agency, they are a private corporation. They would have to call the police and file charges. PP, I'm sure, kept transaction fees from the "theif", so they made money on the deal. Steve got his money, so there is no theft at that point. The folks involved are really only out the time and aggravation it took to resolve the issue. However, we all now know there is a shitty shyster out there.

Glad you got your money, Steve, and glad to see PP step up and protect an honest seller.

I would never let someone other than friends or family come to my house to pick up merchandise I was selling.
I generally trust people, but there are also some genuine nut cases mixed in with the population.

I`m basically the opposite, the way I grew up and was raised, I don`t have much trust in fellow man !

Surprised paypal did that. Good that you got your money and all is well on the deal other than the guy on the other end of it.

-
Back