Warning scammer!!!

-

moparcraig

Reaction score
Warning: Avoid at all costs this a-hole in Auburn, Washington who calls his scam place Masonry Auto Group, Masonry Enterprises, Inc. or whatever name they think up on any given day. I bought a 71 Duster from this guy with a "Clean Title".....well they got my money, a month later I got my car.....that's when the problems became evident. The car arrived missing the VIN tag, on flat tires and full of snow. The title he sent me doesnt have his name on it...somebody else's name. When I contacted him and asked politely for the VIN tag he told me he is too stressed with his daily life and has no time to solve MY problem. I guess I have a useless pile of metal.

Contact your lawyer and see what can be done.

I would also call the chamber of commerce in his town and let them know of his business practices.

Lastly you could fly out there and visit him personally.....it's amazing how quickly things can get resolved when your staring them in the face.

How bout some pics . I hope you Took lots of pics when it got there and any pics he sent you alone with Eamils or what have you . Maybe you can take him to court . Depending on what you gave for it if its woth it or not to do so

Paying a lawyer or buying an airplane ticket will just cost me more money. I scored the car for $1200 and it is rust free. Just wanted the VIN tag so I could do something with it. BTW........spent enough on lawyers when my ex ran off with her boyfriend.

In a lot of states, it is not legal to sell a vehicle without a vin attached or 3rd party title transfers.
Yup, I'm pretty sure he broke several laws....including interstate transportation of a vehicle with a missing/or altered VIN

Contact the DMV in his state. If he is a licensed car dealer they will direct you what the correct department is to help you with this mess. File a complaint.

I would atleast contact the Auburn Washington Police and the District Attorney.Selling a car without a vin tag can't be legal.

Just be careful they dont come and confiscate the car. May want to make sure its not stolen. Check the radiator support for the VIN #. Is the door decal intact ?

This could end very badly for both parties involved

Yeah I just checked their web site too. Neither has much info. Looks more like something a young guy is doing on the side.

yeah, thats kinda the reason I havent done anything yet. I'm afraid they will confiscate the vehicle for evidence then I got nothing. The title matches the fender tag which is unmolested. Door tag is gone and have not gotten the scotchbrite out to check the core support or trunk lip yet but I think its the right title for the car

Does it have sublime interior panels ? Theres 1 real bad picture of it on the web site

Does it have sublime interior panels ? Theres 1 real bad picture of it on the web site
yes...they were gonna restore it. Painted jams, dash and interior sublime. When the dash was painted is when the VIN tag was removed apparently.

yeah, thats kinda the reason I havent done anything yet. I'm afraid they will confiscate the vehicle for evidence then I got nothing. The title matches the fender tag which is unmolested. Door tag is gone and have not gotten the scotchbrite out to check the core support or trunk lip yet but I think its the right title for the car

Store it at a friends house while you verify if it was stolen or not.

Get the VIN # and call the Sec of State and tell them that you are thinking of buying this car and would like to check the VIN to make sure it is clear...

Doesn't your state require a VIN inspection to transfer out of state titles? Here without the VIN attached to the car you have nothing even if the other numbers match the title. There is a way around it but it takes months plus money and then you get a state assigned VIN which will match nothing on the car.

Doesn't your state require a VIN inspection to transfer out of state titles? Here without the VIN attached to the car you have nothing even if the other numbers match the title. There is a way around it but it takes months plus money and then you get a state assigned VIN which will match nothing on the car.

Question: Is it legal (in Ohio) to transfer a vehicle title from one state to another without a vin tag and in this situation, a title not in the name of the actual seller? In Pa it certainly is not. Also, isn't the dash vin tag a DOT requirement?
I would be careful about proceeding to do anything with that car until this is resolved. I believe you are in possession of a vehicle that you do not legally own.

Good luck

-
Back