Was doing a little ‘net surfing......

-

PRH

Reaction score
...... and came across this one from up at Nicks.

He was back from vacation and showing a little dyno rust.

There was some good camera footage of the carb.
Besides the fireworks....... there was something I was surprised to see was happening as much as it was.

Anyone see anything that shouldn’t be happening?

It’s from last fall, so it might be old news to many of you.

Last edited:
...... and came across this one from up at Nicks.

He was back from vacation and showing a little dyno rust.

There was some good camera footage of the carb.
Besides the fireworks....... there was something I was surprised was happening as much as it was.

Anyone see anything that shouldn’t be happening?

Dang, you made me go to the Tube and see what I have been missing. I was getting notifications from a half dozen Tubers but many post their new vids at 3 am waking me up. :BangHead::BangHead:

The fuel pressure tanked, at one point..
It was hard to see the BSFC's.. but I suspect something was out of whack there too.

fuel pull over out the squirter for one.

That was it.
And not just a little bit either.
But only on the primary side.
The slo-mo on the last pull really showed it good.

I wonder if the check needle was in there or not.

The fuel pressure tanked, at one point..

I thought I saw it turn red more than once.

It didn’t make any sense to me why he was initially trying to start the pulls so low...... the motor clearly wasn’t too happy with that.

Theres another video of him running that tired old 241 Hemi....... with the starter wobbling around....... and the sparks flying.
That whole thing was kind of a cluster.

One of those ....... “the show must go on” situations.

Making videos of the escapades that go on in the dyno room doesn’t seem like a terrible way to create some extra $$$$.
I think overall....... those guys do a pretty good job with them.

Last edited:
To me, at first, i thought the main venturi was pulling fuel at idle.......but maybe the idle was just to high at that point.
Front squirter for sure. on the last pull there was just a faint spit out of the rear one.

He dropped the timing to make it happy but it sure wasn't happy at idle and tip in.
It nice to see dyno pulls like that. Not just the HAPPY final numbers.
Most don't show the frustration before the prize.

I Like the High Dollar stand, to hold the gopro:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought I saw it turn red more than once.

It didn’t make any sense to me why he was initially trying to start the pulls so low...... the motor clearly wasn’t too happy with that.

Yes, and a starting temp more compatible with a city cab, than a bracket motor...
Don't know the details of the motor, other than what can be seen, but it should have busted out 570hp with a wire dangling..
Did he vacation with UTG?

-
Back