was this my imagination ?

-

orheptal

Reaction score
This morning I turned my key to accessory before starting it and I swear it fired one cylinder ... just kinda bucked a tiny bit...
I could not duplicate

This morning I turned my key to accessory before starting it and I swear it fired one cylinder ... just kinda bucked a tiny bit...
I could not duplicate
California.... ???...
Did you take a bong hit when you got up this morning?...

I thought i saw a mouse run across the garage floor yesterday while I was doing some low work on My Fox Body...

Interesting post, I work at a GM dealership and couldn't understand the motor shutting of at a stop, I can't see getting that much better mileage as GM claims. It seemed to me that constant cranking would wear out the starter early.
Turns out the motor stops right at the point TDC , the spark plug ready to fire, when you lift your foot off the brake, the plug fires, starting the motor.

If everything was lined up just right, it's possible.

Interesting post, I work at a GM dealership and couldn't understand the motor shutting of at a stop, I can't see getting that much better mileage as GM claims. It seemed to me that constant cranking would wear out the starter early.
Turns out the motor stops right at the point TDC , the spark plug ready to fire, when you lift your foot off the brake, the plug fires, starting the motor.
^^^^^^ I would agree, has to be set perfect for igniting at TDC, just like the cars of today do. Fire the compressed cylinder to start at a red light when foot comes off the brake. Don't gas golf carts work on the same principle???

I used to fiddle, back in the 70's, with the early CD ignitions. Delta, Tiger SST, and another one. Mine did that a few times. I don't remember that it ever started, but it did "bump" over.

-
Back