Washer foot pump hognose grommet

-

Demonx2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on my 71 Demon. Does anyone know which orientation the washer foot pump "hognose" grommet goes? When standing at the radiator looking at the grommet, I assume the 2 holes go horizontally but does the larger hole go on the pass or the driver side? The pic below has the grommet with the bigger hole on what would be the pass side but I'm thinking it should be the opposite since the larger hose will come from the washer bottle mounted along the inner fender.
I know someone out there knows...thx!!

20220121_204012.jpg

Hognose. I love it. Damn, I wish my Swinger was closer. Let me look through some photos.

Any idea if the bigger diameter hose goes on driver or pass side?
Actually, the one in my car right now is with large hose at about 5 o'clock and the smaller host at about 11 o'clock. But I think it may have been replaced at some point so not sure I trust it.
Someone on here will know!

Any idea if the bigger diameter hose goes on driver or pass side?
Actually, the one in my car right now is with large hose at about 5 o'clock and the smaller host at about 11 o'clock. But I think it may have been replaced at some point so not sure I trust it.
Someone on here will know!
I just went to look at mine and the small hose is at 11 and the big hose at 5. No guarantee that it is the original orientation as my dart has been painted. Sorry couldn’t get a clear picture because as Toolman Mike stated, the harness goes right over top of it.RJ

I just went to look at mine and the small hose is at 11 and the big hose at 5. No guarantee that it is the original orientation as my dart has been painted. Sorry couldn’t get a clear picture because as Toolman Mike stated, the harness goes right over top of it.RJ
That matches mine too. I suspect that just be how it was supposed to be. Thx for looking and responding!

-
Back