washers

-
This outfit appears to be selling the good ones, below is a quote I lifted from one of their customer review comments about said Soft Copper Crush Washers.

"I run an auto repair shop. For the last several years I've had a terrible time with the copper washers leaking that come with rebuilt calipers and new brake hoses (50% leak rate). They just seam too hard. I was searching for a solution with better washers. So far the first eight calipers I've installed with these washers have not leaked. To this point I'm extremely pleased. I think they're a great product! Thank you Pegasus Racing!"

Here is a link to their site:

Soft Copper Crush Washer | Pegasus
Thank you for that. I have heard of Pegasus but haven't done business with them.

Pegasus has been around selling brake parts for decades. They mainly sell to the road race crowd. I used to buy pads for rallying from them.

Pegasus has been around selling brake parts for decades. They mainly sell to the road race crowd. I used to buy pads for rallying from them.
I looked up washers on their site . They actually advertise them as soft washers. Good deal . Thank you again for the tip.

I looked up washers on their site . They actually advertise them as soft washers. Good deal . Thank you again for the tip.

No problem, I actually included the key word soft when I did my web search, and a number of hits came back but this one appeared to be the best with specific mention of soft and the customer quote. Good luck.

No problem, I actually included the key word soft when I did my web search, and a number of hits came back but this one appeared to be the best with specific mention of soft and the customer quote. Good luck.
Glad that you found this and shared the info!

BTW, when annealing small copper or brass parts, you can get them to a low level red just with a butane torch like used for sweat soldering water pipes. The problem is figuring out how to suspend them in open air so it gets heated on both sides.

BTW, when annealing small copper or brass parts, you can get them to a low level red just with a butane torch like used for sweat soldering water pipes. The problem is figuring out how to suspend them in open air so it gets heated on both sides.
Long handled pliers

Mopar may still sell them ran into this same problem when I worked for Ford I always got the OEM ones and threw away the aftermarket ones.

Brian

Before long we'll have to buy solid gold sinkers for fishing because lead is too dangerous for us to use.
I swear this government and tree huggers are going to make everything so safe that nothing works anymore.
What's next, plastic for radiation protection? :D

Remember the days of holding split shot in your mouth while you were fishing?

Before long we'll have to buy solid gold sinkers for fishing because lead is too dangerous for us to use.
I swear this government and tree huggers are going to make everything so safe that nothing works anymore.

Ha! I still put sinkers on my line by biting em!! Probably not good for me but I can get em tighter like that than using my little knock off leatherman

Ha! I still put sinkers on my line by biting em!! Probably not good for me but I can get em tighter like that than using my little knock off leatherman

A few years back when we were into offroading and dirt riding with the kids the tree huggers tried to get a law passed to ban kids from riding if under the age of 16.
Their reasoning was that ATV's had lead terminals on their batteries.
We told them we didn't let the kids suck on battery terminals, and if their parents had done the same we wouldn't be having that conversation. :D
It didn't get passed, but they tried it.

Kind of like holding your next bullet in your teeth. :D
It's just ready.

You didn' get the memo?

-
Back