Water in the glove box

-

jkeck55

Reaction score
When it rains my glove box fills with water. Not a litle bit of water, fills. I pulled the glove box and there is a hole in the cowl. I can post a pic later but this is a drilled hole about 1/4" in diameter through to the cowl. Should this be there? There doesn't apear to be any rust through on the cowl but I haven't thoroughly inspected. One other possiblitity is I believe the windshield. I think this is it because I seem to have a permanent fog on the bottom edge of the passenger side windshield. Is that a sign of water leakage?

Welcome aboard. :cheers: Plug the hole first and find out why it was put there later.
I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be there. It might be time to blow out the cowl ( leaf blower, metal coat hanger, time, and patience!! )
As for the foggy windshield thing, condensation will "glisten" when you shine a flash light at it, but it's most likely the plastic layer in the middle of the windshield sandwich that is getting old at the edges from not being sealed well at the edges. I'm sure a lot of people here have the same issue, like mine :)

With the glovebox removed yuu could spray water with a hose ansd see where its running in. Cloudy glass is a sign of water standing between the gasket and the glass but not nessesarily flowing inside the cabin.

dont forget to change out wiper seals while you have glove box out
just finished mine , now wating on new defrost hose and glove box.
the wiper behind guage cluster is a real pain with cluster in i removed mine to restore chrome and woodgrain.

steve

We finally got rain and it appears that the hole in the dash was the problem. It waas too big to put a screw and washer in so I put a bolt and some sealer on it and that seems to have doen the trick.

-
Back