Water Injection Kit

-
I had one that was simply a jar an aerator (like in an aquarium) with an adjustable valve and tubing.

Air goes into the tubing threw the valve threw the cap down to the bottom of the tank threw the aerator then bubbles up threw the water then threw another tube at the top of the jar and then into the carb. preferably above the choke.

Can't cost more than a few bucks to make.

I just installed the Snow Performance product. I run a 12.5 to 1 compression 440 and racing fuel is way too much $$$. This should allow me to run pump fuel, the claims are at least 20 full points of octaine gain. I like how its controled by engine vaccum. We shall see. So far the tech support has been good.

I just installed the Snow Performance product. I run a 12.5 to 1 compression 440 and racing fuel is way too much $$$. This should allow me to run pump fuel, the claims are at least 20 full points of octaine gain. I like how its controled by engine vaccum. We shall see. So far the tech support has been good.

Which one did you get?

I was just on http://www.snowperformance.net/products.php?p_cat=281 and their Stage 2 Boost Cooler N/A™ (which features a progressive controller that proportionally injects water based on manifold vacuum) looks good.

I don't have a big engine...just a stock '67 commando V8 with high compression "factory" pistons. Would water injection be overkill? All I want is a little more power, the ability to advance my ignition timing without increasing detonation, and perhaps some improvement in gas consumption.

I made one for one my cars 35 years ago. Made it out of a windshield washer setup. I just needed something on hills when I had to really step down on the gas. The car had dual carbs and I mounted the squirter nozzle in each air cleaner. I pinched the opening down to where it only had a tiny stream coming out. This worked fine for that application....I just flipped on the switch and had instant relief. You need to use distilled though or the nozzles get clogged with scale.

I thought it would be better to resurrect an old thread rather than starting a new one- I have an old school built 12.5 to 1 comp small block that I want to have a go at getting to run on pump gas.
I bought a snow performance kit from a speed shop when I was on my honeymoon in New York in 2008 ( as well as some caltracs and carb and another suitcase to fit it into :compress:)

Anyhow I grabbed whatever kit they had and it was the wrong one - stage 1 to suit turbo. I am looking at getting the other bits to make it useable on this engine I have ( the controller and solenoid? ) and was wondering how kocuda went with the setup and his comp or anyone else had positive results with high comp engine

-
Back