Water Leak

-

eric22

Reaction score
I just finished my floor pans on my 71 duster Im getting water from under my dashboard do I have to reseal the windshield?

Might be your windshield wiper pivot seals. Check and see if they are dried up and cracked. That's a pretty common leak area. Also, it's just water and not coolant, correct? If it is coolant (on the pass side), than you might have a heater core issue.

No its just water on the drivers side.
Would I be able to buy these seals locally or do I have to order them via yearone etc etc

the pivot seal kit is about 20 bucks (does both) at ebay.

http://engine-swaps.com/

I got mine from these guys for 16.50. Came with seals, gaskets, some type of 'rope seal' (not sure where these go) and optional zerk fittings. Haven't installed yet but will try and post after I do.

After replacing my windshield with a new one and seal and lock strip I am getting wet in both lower corners. Didn't seem to have a urythane sealant on the gasket when it came out. But the guys that put it in would put urythane under the rubber, they said it was illegal. I gotta do something though.

Sorry I didnt get back to you guys I do appreciate all the help I ordered the parts (PIVOT SEALS) and should be getting them within a week!!!!

-
Back