Water Spots On Glass - SOLVED

-
Your local glass shop may have some cerium oxide they'll sell. If not there are polishing kits sold on ebay

UPDATE

Ok....water spots are GONE!
The trick? Bar Keepers Friend.

These were some unbelievable water spots. ...nothing would touch them....

Bar Keepers Friend was the ticket. I tried to get pics, but a camera phone and bad ligthing etc...they just wouldn't show....the glass is beautiful now!

Thought I'd share this for anyone with really stubborn water spots.

Jeff

What one did you use? Spray on Foam? Or Soft Cleanser? Cleanser & Polish?
The powder in the can like Ajax.
Didn't scratch the glass at all...took a little bit of gentle scrubbing back and forth. ..then I let it sit 2 or 3 minutes. Cleaned it off and the spots were gone!

Jeff

The powder in the can like Ajax.
Didn't scratch the glass at all...took a little bit of gentle scrubbing back and forth. ..then I let it sit 2 or 3 minutes. Cleaned it off and the spots were gone!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.... Great to know.... :)

UPDATE

Bar Keepers Friend was the ticket. I tried to get pics, but a camera phone and bad ligthing etc...they just wouldn't show....the glass is beautiful now!

Jeff

Excellent, now don't get water on them again. :rolleyes:

Used the Mothers brand clay bar on all of the 67 notch back glass, inside and out. WOW what a difference. They look nearly new.
Just FYI.. a lot of the nasty that builds up on a windshield is what I call road film. I don't know how much of it comes from the tires, exhaust, etc.., ahead of me but I know it causes the wipers to pizz poor job of clearing my view. In certain situations I have stopped and purchased a can of Coca-Cola. While under the canopy at pump island, I pour the cola all over the glass from top down. I wait a minute, pump fuel, whatever, then onward to let the rain and wipers remove the cola.
3 of the 4 acids that are used in sterilizing aluminum foil are in a coke. Yeah,,, that'll take road film off a windshield.

UPDATE

Jeff

I'm going try this today on your recommendation. I'm not sure it's water spots I've been fighting, but it sounds promising! Will report back with results....

I've used this with good results, but my original glass could use more help!!

That's great. I am glad you got it solved. Nice of you to share, too. I used this on my truck last week and it worked great. Cleanest the windshield has been since I bought the truck. I don't think I had bastard alien water spots like you did, but it came clean. It's a paste with a very mild polishing abrasive. Seems to work very well.

Rain-X 5080217 - Glass Cleaner | O'Reilly Auto Parts

That's great. I am glad you got it solved. Nice of you to share, too. I used this on my truck last week and it worked great. Cleanest the windshield has been since I bought the truck. I don't think I had bastard alien water spots like you did, but it came clean. It's a paste with a very mild polishing abrasive. Seems to work very well.

Rain-X 5080217 - Glass Cleaner | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Looks like good stuff :thumbsup:

Jeff

I'm going try this today on your recommendation. I'm not sure it's water spots I've been fighting, but it sounds promising! Will report back with results....

I've used this with good results, but my original glass could use more help!!
Let us know....extra test results are excellent

Jeff

ya i spray bombed my car this year, read on a budget, had overspray so tried wifes np remover , worked great, ran to hardware store and grabbed a tin of acetone, cleans everything!

Let us know....extra test results are excellent

Jeff

I didn't have much luck with it....:( My glass is pretty beat up though & I couldn't try it on the inside because of the tint.

Might try some of the RainX that Rusty posted about!

-
Back