water through cowl

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
I have water coming in the drivers side through the cowl, none on passenger side. Tried reaching up in there to clear any debris that might be clogging a drain hole but no luck, any advice?

Check the wiper pivot seals.

but water is suppose to come down through the outside vents in the cowl? so where is it suppose to drain out....

I did a repair job on my wiper seals not long ago so I dont think that is the prob. but I can double check

There is a drain slot on each side of the car. On my Duster it is behind the hinge. Sounds like yours is plugged up. You might can run a piece of wire up in there and get some trash out. I'll see if I can post a pic for you.
C
Check on each side where the arrow points to...

Attachments

• DCP_2823-1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 158
In teh past I've used a long peice of steel brake line and my air gun to blow out the vent drains... You cant reach everywhere, but it's pretty good when combined with some mechanic's wire work...

There are only a limited number of possible sources for leaks into the cab from the cowl area - plugged drains causing water to build up and spill over the fresh air intake, leaking front window seal, leaking wiper pivot seal, or the cowl may be rusted through.

This is one of my posts from quite a while ago, but it may address your problem...
Leaking Cowl

Jerry

-
Back