Wayne the Ram Man - A warning

-
I find that while I am eating is a great time to look at emails and we ALL eat so there is no excuse.

It really don't matter how he mailed it back, the whole point is their is a lack of communication.

we have a winner :cheers: point exactly, I don't get these guys that say, give him more time, maybe he's busy, blah blah blah, were all busy; answer the fing email.

So now I am worried. I am in the process of painting my master and booster for my Powerwagon that Wayne rebuilt. The problem that I had with him is I asked for an estimate didn't hear anything, left a couple of messages and then received a call from his wife wanting to know how I wanted to pay.

So now I am worried. I am in the process of painting my master and booster for my Powerwagon that Wayne rebuilt. The problem that I had with him is I asked for an estimate didn't hear anything, left a couple of messages and then received a call from his wife wanting to know how I wanted to pay.

Pay with Visa / MC that way you are protected. I had to call Visa once on a bogus charge, they immediately refunded my account, the merchant had to pay Visa back.

I'm in the same boat. I met Wayne at MATS and subsequently sent him my AAR Cuda master cylinder. I got an email from his wife that he received it and would look at it within the next week or so. I've called and emailed many times since then and have only received one email telling me that Wayne would get back to me shortly. He has not. I"ve been calling his number and all I'm getting is a busy signal. I recognize that we're all busy, but a little communication would be nice.

did you ever think? maybe, he and his wife may have marital problems at this time.
you guys sure jump fast to conclusions and destroying someones rep.

did you ever think? maybe, he and his wife may have marital problems at this time.
I guess its possible she destroyed the computers , disconnected his phone or tossed it in the toilet and kick him out of the house. all I was saying is that it only takes 30 seconds to let the guy know what is going on. :coffee2:

I hope it all works out. but, I do agree, time is not on his side. he needs to reply.

Quick to jump to conclusions? He has had his master cylinder for two weeks and has not acknowledged it or returned messages. That is not quick. Marriage problems are just conjecture on your part. He is a business man. He needs to communicate, end of story.

Do not trust this man at all !! Ive been dealing with Wayne the last couple months on a disc brake conversion and besides the lack of communication and customer service he tried to scam me on a return. He played the nice guy role until I questioned a certain part he shipped wrong and then basically told me to F off after numerous tries to return the parts I no longer needed that were still in the original box. I have $700 worth of brake parts sitting here with no use to me.

I have dealt with Wayne for parts on two cars now.
No complaints. I knew what I wanted and asked him if he had the parts.
Paid with a card and got them without problems. Very friendly guy on the phone.
Enjoyed dealing with him.
It helps a bunch if you know what you need and ask for it.
Makes for a quick easy deal.
You know he probably answers the same questions over and over again that he has videos
posted to answer most of these questions.
Help yourself and him out and use them. Only so much time
in a day. Bet his phone rings non stop.

I have dealt with Wayne for parts on two cars now.
No complaints. I knew what I wanted and asked him if he had the parts.
Paid with a card and got them without problems. Very friendly guy on the phone.
Enjoyed dealing with him.
It helps a bunch if you know what you need and ask for it.
Makes for a quick easy deal.
You know he probably answers the same questions over and over again that he has videos
posted to answer most of these questions.
Help yourself and him out and use them. Only so much time
in a day. Bet his phone rings non stop.
I agree with this statement. I've done a couple deals with Wayne and had good experiences. I do agree you get that uneasy feeling when you talk to him. He is hard to contact and slow to respond. He did tell me that he gets hundreds of emails a day, and i'm sure that's a factor in his response time. I have also noticed that I have two different email addresses in my phonebook for him, which also indicates he's overloaded . If his wife is answering the phone, that's a indicator right there that he's a busy guy. In his videos it looks as if he is filming from a home garage, so I am guessing he's a fairly small operation. My latest and current deal with Wayne is a factory Hemi booster for my 68 Charger. I left a message for an order for such booster and correct master cylinder. He called back a couple days later and said he could build a unit that would get as close to factory you could get, and also chatted with me for 20 minutes about that car and seemed genuinely interested in the project. Weeks went by so I decided to email him to check on the booster. He replied with a picture of a table with "SIX" Hemi boosters in the build process and said mine was one of the six in the picture. Now ive got to say, and I was thinking to myself, how many hemi boosters could you possibly be building at any one time? well the answer was "SIX" just a month ago! Ive received the booster and Master cylinder and am currently doing the install. ill report back if any issues. Im guessing he is a busy guy!

Wow this thread has been resurrected! I wonder if the original poster even got his parts?

-
Back