WE ARE DOING IT AGAIN...WHO's IN???

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
Ok guys 65s brought up the question if anyone was up to buy another car for someone or not, and a couple of fabo members thought that it should be a spur of the moment deal, and for a great cause. after all we all chiped in for memike because we all thought he was deserving.

Well the mastermind behind the idea of buying memike a car has suffered a heart attack. I threw out the idea of everyone chipping in some money to cover a couple monthes expenses to make it easier for dave and his wife and family. I am sure he will be off work for a while, and his wife is going to be off for a while dealing with this.

If we could pitch in and help the finacial burden disapear during this hard time, that would be great. Right now I am accepting paypal donations through [email protected]

I don't think I should collect checks because I am in canada, and canadian banks can't make up there mind on what american checks they axcept or not.

so if someone want's to collect checks, let me know

Im in for $20

and others have allready said they would donate....so....

WHO
IS
IN?

I am definitely in but just to clarify, didn't Small Block begin the effort for memike's car? Again, I am just trying to keep this straight in my own head and will happily help Dave out as well. Let me know who is going to be collecting the $.

I am definitely in but just to clarify, didn't Small Block begin the effort for memike's car? Again, I am just trying to keep this straight in my own head and will happily help Dave out as well. Let me know who is going to be collecting the $.

yes, small block was a huge part. what I meant was dave made the comment on a 60's dart that a fabo member was selling, and he said " we should all chip in and buy this for memike"

and presto...it happend.

thats what I meant. there was alot of people involved.

Phil

It really doesn't matter who initiated the drive for memike, but since the topic had been raised and attributed, corrections are in order. Grumpus actually was the first to bring it up, on a post for a car for sale.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=36756

Grant

I think thats what I said?

any how, I'm kinda disapointed that knowone is willing to chip in this time around. I feal that this would be more of a need to step up. I would rather it be a suprise for Mary, and dave, thats why I havn't posted it on the heart attack pages, What do you guys think?

Phil

Sorry bout that Phil.. (duplicating what you said)

let me know how it's handled. (collecting the funds)

I'm in agin. (I will contribute to this as well)

Grant (Me)

I thought that is what you meant, but at the same time, i was kinda confused.

Well, I am collecting paypal funds ( though knowone has donated yet) and I thought any checks should be sent to someone who lives in the USA, cause my bank has issues with checks and money orders from the USA. I used to sell model cars on ebay, I stopped axcepting checks because I kept having to send them back.

One of many, would you be willing to colletc mailed checks? you have been here for a while.

Phil

It's probably a little bit of burn-out, with all the excitement around MeMike's car. It was a whirlwind that really got everyone caught up in the endeavor.

I'm sure that most folks here are more than willing to help out Grumpus and are trying to organize themselves a little before commiting. As much as this is a great idea, and certainly a worthy cause, it may not seem as exciting as the end result isn't the same.

Give it the weekend and see what transpires.

Anyway, I'm in. I may not use PayPal this time, as you're so close. They really, really pissed me off on a recent transaction, causing me to lose an item from an eBay auction. Without so much as an apology or a reasonable explanation. Farging Bastages.

Hey Phil sorry I've been looking at your post here, yes I'd definatly be in, I'm bad at putting things off, hell I just put MeMikes cheque in the mail,LOL! Yep cheque, I don't have a paypal account, too much e-bay shopping in the past. Maybe I can drop a contribution for Dave (aka Grump) off with you and you can dump it into the paypal for me??? thanks Don. I think Comoxian is right this has come up right after Mikes car....I'm sure lots of folks willl be willing to helpout Dave and Mary, this ball just might be a little slower to get rollin, but count me in!!!

Just did it so I'm in. Couldn't give allot due to an expected bill I have coming for surgery I had today but I gave what I could.

I'm in for a couple $$$. Can send tomorrow.

Mary and David can use a bit of help right now.

Well the boys treated me with ribs,chicken and fruit today for fathers day.
OK:toothy10: and a cold one or two.
grimpuscreature {Dave} and Xceptshnl1{Mary} are a pair of great people
that I have had the honor to speak with in many occasions.
She is a waitress and just from the sound of here voice you would fall in love with here,:love4: Dave has given me so much good advice on my /6 and the do's and don't on a good build, He and Mary are a great pair.:love3:
Mary is like me not a computer wiz:dontknow: un like my Brother Ken that took care of so much for me on the 66 valiant in my life know,
So I will do this the simple way and go to my mail room and get me a money order at the first of the month and send it to Mary Gillespie, the one that is trying to hold down the fort for her man Dave.:notworth:
Dave is the computer wiz at there home so pay pal is a problem for them while Dave has tube's running through him and staples in his chest.
So the way I will send my help to keep the bills paid till Dave can jump in here and give me **** for being a Arkansas hick or hillbilly:poke::drinkers: my money order will go the easy way :walk:
Dave and Mary's Address is

Mary Gillespie
201 9th Avenue
South Charleston
West Virginia

Mary you can count on $100.00 dolor's from me on the 3'rd day of July.
I know it won't be all you need but it is better than a good tip on a table where you work at.
I am so glad Dave feel back into your life and helps with your little angels.
Will you thank Dave for all the help he and you have given me in the past?
and if I remember right you have a 66 valiant too.
Get well soon Dave you ol grumpuscreature :poke::angel10:

Hey Memeike, Thats great. Thanks alot for helping dave out. I didn't know who to talk to about there adress or anything. I think that is the best thing to do right now is send any checks to Mary and dave directly, but if you want to pay by paypal you can send me the donation, and I will get the money to them once we have reached our goal.

If you need my email address again, for paypal donations, just PM me. thanks.

Phil.

PS memike, can you let some people know about this link. you are definatly the talk of the town right now. Use that attention your getting to let people know ablout this post, and us trying to help Mary and dave.

Thanks

Hey Memeike, Thats great. Thanks alot for helping dave out. I didn't know who to talk to about there adress or anything. I think that is the best thing to do right now is send any checks to Mary and dave directly, but if you want to pay by paypal you can send me the donation, and I will get the money to them once we have reached our goal.

If you need my email address again, for paypal donations, just PM me. thanks.

Phil.

PS memike, can you let some people know about this link. you are definatly the talk of the town right now. Use that attention your getting to let people know ablout this post, and us trying to help Mary and dave.

Thanks
I sure will Phil !! And I thank you for your help.=D>
Mary and David are some great folks:love4: that need our help and prayers.

Hi Phil, been off all weekend. I'm in Canada as well, so any issues would be the same.

Is it possible that the mods could setup or provide a FABO paypal, then any present or future contributions could be made to it?

Grant

Just a short line to let you know I got home from the hospital today. Please do me a favor and do not collect or send any money. I am already drawing Social Insecurity Disability so no loss of income was experienced. Your thoughts and prayers were more than enough to get me through to this point. I have a hard time believing what a truly great bunch of people there are on this site and you took time out to offer help and support to me. I don't have the words right now. Thanks again, David.

Ok!! I won't grumpuscreature.:bootysha:
I will make sure it go's to your lovely wife.
You are a proud and smart man David, And I know how you feel about this.
I to are drawing Social Insecurity Disability!:-#:sad11:
so chin up brother, Its coming.:happy2:
I knew you would make a poo deposit and get the hell out of that place.
I am very glad you are home and getting back to your ol'self again.:thumbup:

Look what has happened to me and I could not stop it,
So rest yourself and let me be memike bud. PLEASE :toothy1:
I don't care if you need it or not! I just want to be apart of a nice night out for the two of you on me.

My money wants to say hello :sign5:

P.S. The 66 valiant is everything and more then anyone will know
until I take the time to start a new thread on it at its first car show :toothy10:

66 day after 014.jpg

66 day after 017.jpg

66 day after 023.jpg

Good to hear grump.

I will have to talk to the people that sent me money if they want it refunded, or still sent to you, or sent to another cause. If you sent me money, Please PM me because your name doesn't match your paypal name. It will be hard for me to track you down.

Thanks

Phil

Good to hear grump.

I will have to talk to the people that sent me money if they want it refunded, or still sent to you, or sent to another cause. If you sent me money, Please PM me because your name doesn't match your paypal name. It will be hard for me to track you down.

Thanks

Phil

:read2: Phil, Just send it to Mary. They'll still have some unexpected expenses.

Besides,,,,I'll bet Dave's on some heavy medication right now. :toothy10: :-\"

:read2: Phil, Just send it to Mary. They'll still have some unexpected expenses.

Besides,,,,I'll bet Dave's on some heavy medication right now. :toothy10: :-\"

Well said 6pk2goDemon.:thumbrig:
Mary is a waitress, and I can say they work hard for every penny they make.

David is a good man with big time pride :heart:.
I am sending mine to them :toothy1:
and if he don't like it, I will enjoy his grumpy **** he may tell me:toothy10:.

I just don't want him to get upset and hunt me down with a big stick8-[

-
Back